Friday 30 December 2016

Year-End Review 2016 - 100 - 91

100 – 91


international

note

100
no success

The Summer Set – Missin’ you

Points: 679.1
Peak: #21
Weeks: 15
Album: Stories for Monday

This has been the 2nd single from their 4th album “Stories for Monday”. The chart run began early in April and they peaked at #21. For The Summer Set “Missin’ you” is the bands first appearance within my year-end Top 100. It had been really though, but I appreciate that they made into this list.
99
no success

Broods – Heartlines

Points: 708.7
Peak: #23
Weeks: 16
Album: Conscious

Before they released their 2nd album “Conscious” they had two #1’s on my chart and several singles which I never charted. I was really in suspense how their new stuff is. “Free” was a kind of disappointment, but I charted this song for 12 weeks. A little bit better had been “Heartlines”. Unfortunately this song never reached my Top 20.
98 #19
Keith Urban feat. Carrie Underwood – The fighter

Points: 712.7
Peak: #18
Weeks: 15
Album: Ripcord

“The fighter” hasn’t been released as a regular single, but it had a strong performance in the country scene. I liked this song from the very first listen. “The fighter” performed well and reached its peak in July. And naturally it helped that Carrie Underwood was part of this duet.
97
no success

Shinedown – How did you love?

Points: 718.7
Peak: #8
Weeks: 10 (still charting)
Album: Threat to survival

In Austria Shinedown are known for their only hit “Second chance” back in 2009. Since these times they had some hits in the US, but here they are flying under the radar. So I didn’t pay a lot of attention to their release of “Threat to survival”. With the release of “How did you love” as a regular single they are back on my radar.
96
no success

Anouk – Some of us

Points: 722.3
Peak: #15
Weeks: 15
Album: Paradise and back again

For Anouk “Some of us” is the first appearance within my year-end Top 100. In total she got nine appearances from two albums. This one is from her “Paradise and back again” album which I really like, but not as much as I love “Queen for a day”.
95
no success

Leslie Clio – Falling to pieces

Points: 725.4
Peak: #19
Weeks: 16
Album: Eureka

This is the first time my #2 artist of the year Leslie Clio has an entry in this list. “Falling to pieces” is another strong song from her album, but it failed to reach my Top 10. She has so many great songs on it that she will get over this lower peak.
94no success
Chelsea Lankes – Bullet

Points: 726.9
Peak: #19
Weeks: 15
Album: Chelsea Lankes EP

For the first time within this part of my review is US singer Chelsea Lankes. Early in 2016 I discovered this song and it rose fast into my Top 20. “Bullet” is an overseen gem which when performed by Carly Rae Jepsen would have been a big hit.
93
no success

Jerome Price – Me minus you

Points: 731.0
Peak: #27
Weeks: 18
Album: -

Jerome Price is another young producer who is reaching for the stars in these days. “Me minus you” had a slow start. When I first listened to it I wasn’t very attracted to it. It lasted until August before I decided to chart this song. Due to its long activity it reached a spot within the Top 100.
92 #82
#88
#60

Twenty One Pilots – Tear in my heart

Points: 736.3
Peak: #21
Weeks: 15
Album: Blurryface

Their big hits in 2016 are “Stressed out”, “Ride” and “Heathens”. None of these songs made it into my Top 100. But when in 2016 the radio stations in Austria started to play “Stressed out” I gave them another listen. So I discovered their 2015 small US hit “Tear in my heart”. I don’t know why I’ve overseen this song, but it had a strong performance on my chart, so that you can find it in this list now.
91
no success

Kelly Clarkson – Tightrope

Points: 743.1
Peak: #18
Weeks: 16
Album: Piece by piece

“Tightrope” is the first of four appearances by my core artist Kelly Clarkson. At the end of 2016 she reached with another song my #1, but “Tightrope” is a very good song and now I’ve to write that against my first thoughts “Piece by piece” is a really good album.

No comments: