Saturday 4 January 2014

Year-End Review 2013 - Spots 20 - 11




international

note
20 #1
Samantha Jade – What you’ve done to me

Points: 1412,7
Peak: #1
Weeks: 24
Album: True

Australian beauty Samantha Jade won the 4th season of X-Factor Australia. I’ve not seen it, but there is no doubt that she deserved it. “What you’ve done to me” was the winning title and debuted in Australia at #1. On my chart she reached #1 early in January and stayed for two weeks. Since this time all of her singles (except the Christmas single) reached my chart and did well.
19
no success

The Storm – Raver

Points: 1431,1
Peak: #1
Weeks: 23
Album: -

Danish band The Storm released this dance track which was a big concurrence for Samantha Jade. I was cought by the sound and song itself when I first listen to it. Their synth and up beat dance song detached “What you’ve done to me” from the summit, but stayed there for only one week.
18 #91
#17
#45

Avril Lavigne – Rock N Roll

Points: 1602,9
Peak: #1
Weeks: 19
Album: Avril Lavigne

And here is the 2nd and last single from Avril Lavinge’s latest album. Sure a lot of you are not very excited about her effort from her last two albums. I absolutely can understand this. You can call her last singles (apart from “Let me go”) childish, but I like both singles more than her last two albums. I won’t say the same about the video to this song which is really bad. But I like the song which spent one week at the top of my chart.
17
no success

Anouk – Pretending as always

Points: 1651,9
Peak: #1
Weeks: 19
Album: Sad singalong songs

Only one song by my favourite artist from the 2000’s Anouk worked well and reached my #1. “Pretending as always” is a really sad song and continues with the general theme of the album. This song about the lost love was my album favourite since the start and received #1 with good reason.
16
no success

Kelly Clarkson – Hello

Points: 1653,1
Peak: #1
Weeks: 24
Album: Stronger

“Hello” is the 2nd last single by Kelly Clarkson in this countdown. Once more it’s a song from her outstanding album “Stronger” which would’ve done well as a regular single. On my chart this song reached #1 in April.
15
no success

Mic Donet – Going insane

Points: 1707,0
Peak: #1
Weeks: 22
Album: Plenty of love

With the last song from “Plenty of love” I’ve charted German R&B singer Mic Donet reached for the first time in his career the #1 on my chart. “Plenty of love” was his 2nd album after a 8 year hiatus and his 1st work in English. I really like this album, but it has some weak points. From the very beginning this song was my favourite song.
14 #23
#5
#61

Christina Stürmer – Millionen Lichter

Points: 1746,6
Peak: #1
Weeks: 24
Album: Ich hör auf mein Herz

Every single from her latest album “Ich hör auf mein Herz” could have been found on my chart. But there was only one single which reached my Top 10. In March “Millionen Lichter” debuted and reached in May her first and only #1 so far. This song is the 2nd best German song in my countdown. Generally I’m a little bit disappointed about her last album, because she had done better before.
13
no success

Autumn Hill – Can’t keep waiting

Points: 1829,0
Peak: #1
Weeks: 24
Album: Favourite mistake

With their first single “Anything at all” they reached my Top 10, but it has been their 2nd single which brought them to the top. This country pop song has been co-written by Alyssa Reid who had recently reached my chart with “Satisfaction guaranteed”. “Can’t keep waiting” is a song about the grown frustrated with hoping somebody will feel a certain way about them and was the only country #1 this year on my chart.
12 #1
#1
#2
#1
#1
#1
#1
#2
#1
#1

Pink feat. Nate Ruess – Just give me a reason

Points: 1854,8
Peak: #1
Weeks: 28
Album: The truth about love

“Just give me a reason” is the 2nd biggest collaboration on my chart and one of the biggest international hits that can be found in this year’s countdown. This song is powerful on the one side and simple on the other side. It’s simple a brilliant song by Pink and Fun. singer Nate Ruess. Although I really love this song it’s only Pink’s #2 song in my countdown.
11 #65
#28
#46
#25
#188

Kelly Clarkson – People like us

Points: 1923,5
Peak: #1
Weeks: 25
Album: Greatest hits – Chapter One

Kelly Clarkson is one of the biggest stars on my chart. But like last year she failed to place a song in my year-end top 10. This year she missed the Top 10 by only 9.9 points. This great song is from her “Greatest hits” album and went to #1 at the beginning of June. It spent only one week at the top, but remained for a total of 13 weeks in my Top 10.

No comments: