Friday 3 January 2014

Year-End Review 2013 - Spots 30 - 21





international

note
30 #1
#1
#1
#4
#2
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1

Avicii feat. Aloe Blacc – Wake me up

Points: 1120,6
Peak: #4
Weeks: 17
Album: True

The song of summer 2013 had been Avicii’s “Wake me up”. In Austria this song reached #1 by middle of July while it debuted on my chart at the end of July. Finally in September this song reached my Top 5 and advanced to one of my favourite songs in this time.
29
no success

Alanis Morissette – Empathy

Points: 1122,8
Peak: #5
Weeks: 19
Album: Havoc and bright lights

And here is the next song by Alanis Morissette. For “Empathy” there has been a video, but I’m not sure that it was a regular single or a promotional single. That doesn’t matter. I charted this song and it reached its peak in the end of July.
28
no success

Christina Aguilera – Let there be love

Points: 1163,0
Peak: #5
Weeks: 19
Album: Lotus

As her album “Lotus” was another flop this song was widely overseen. “Let there be love” is a great dance song and would have definitely worked in the clubs. On my chart this song reached its peak nearly three months after the debut and was a her 2nd Top 5 hit after “Your body” did the same in autumn 2012.
27 #23
#22

Tich – Dumb

Points: 1229,7
Peak: #5
Weeks: 17
Album: -

At the moment Rachel Furner is working on her debut album. She placed two songs in this year’s review with the better end for “Dumb” which has a very catchy refrain.
26
no success

Matt Cardle – Letters

Points: 1235,2
Peak: #5
Weeks: 20
Album: Letters

With the title track of his debut album “Letters” Matt Cardle nearly reached my Top 25 in this countdown. This song is another up-beat song by him. The opening line “Send a message to my heart” finally made it to my heart and brought him one of half dozen Top 10 hits.
25
no success

Maras April – Tschüss

Points: 1252,4
Peak: #4
Weeks: 17
Album: Maras April

This German pop gem was ignored in their home Germany or in Austria. It had definitely the summer sound and a summer theme with the philosophy about travelling away. During the summer this song was among my top played songs and reached #4. A Top 3 spot was in range, but it failed due to strong concurrence.
24 #12
Emma – Dimentico tutto

Points: 1293,9
Peak: #1
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: Schiena

The end of the year Emma reached new spheres on my chart. She had three Top 10 hits at once with “L’amore non mi basta”, “Amami” and of course “Dimentico tutto”. The latter reached #1 in November and stayed at the top for three consecutive weeks. This was the longest time a song in Italian was at the top of my chart until Emma’s 3rd single from “Schiena” broke this record by the end of December.
23
no success

Ben Montague – Love like stars

Points: 1298,9
Peak: #1
Weeks: 14 (still charting)
Album: Tales of flying and falling

And here it is the biggest hit by British singer Ben Montague on my chart. During his first album period he had some Top 10 hits but this one is outshining every other single or song I’ve charted from him so far. Between Emma’s top period he achieved two weeks at the summit. Originally released back at 2012 this song reached its peak in Autumn 2013 on my chart.
22 #69
Three Days Grace – The high road

Points: 1339,2
Peak: #2
Weeks: 18
Album: Tales of flying and falling

As I heard the first song by Three Days Grace I fall in love with my later #1 “Lost in you”, but I thought that maybe I would never chart a song by this band because their other songs are so different. This year they did another song like that with “The high road”. It reached the runner’s up position in March, but failed to do the last step. In 2013 this song is the highest charted none #1 song in this review.
21 #29
#27
#27

Cover Drive feat. Dappy – Explode

Points: 1386,0
Peak: #1
Weeks: 47
Album: Bajan style

And here comes one of two outstanding songs from 2012. In 2012 “Explode” debuted in September on #1 and remained for six consecutive weeks. This song first left the Top 10 after 20 weeks in January and continued its chart run until summer 2013. After 47 weeks “Explode” dropped out of my chart and so this song reached after #9 back in 2012 #21 in 2013.

No comments: