Sunday 5 January 2014

Year-End Review 2013 - Spots 10 - 6


international
note
10
no success

Rising Girl & DJ Lil Dirty – I know you’ll wait for me

Points: 1933,4
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 23
Album: -
Chart Debut June 29, 2013
First week at #1: August 3, 2013
Writer(s): Simon Koschar
Producer(s): Ivo Zaricin, Simon Koschar, Fritz Jerey

With their first chart entry DJ Lil Dirty from Graz and Rising Girl produced 2013s biggest Austria hit. This song is a mix of Ska, Reggae and Pop and received critical acclaim in Austria’s indie scene. The top Austrian radio stations refused to play this song. So the 1st single by Rising Girl in five years failed to get big attention.
9
no success

Alanis Morissette – Spiral

Points: 2006,4
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 22 (still charting)
Album: Havoc and bright lights
Chart Debut July 27, 2013
First week at #1: August 24, 2013
Writer(s): Alanis Morissette
Producer(s): Joe Chiccarelli, Guy Sigsworth

The song about self-doubts and help someone needs to get out of this situation is one of my favourite track of her “Havoc and bright lights” album. Although never released as a single this song reached #1 very quickly after debuting on my chart. This is not the last time you can find a song by Alanis Morissette in this countdown.
8 #27
Bosse – Schönste Zeit

Points: 2035,8
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 27
Album: Kraniche
Chart Debut March 2, 2013
First week at #1: April 13, 2013
Writer(s): Axel Bosse
Producer(s): Philipp Steinke

This is one of the beautiful German pop songs I’ve heard in a while. I absolutely love this song with its reminiscence to the youth in the 1990’s when I grow up. Among other things Bosse remembered the death of Kurt Cobain when he found his first love.
7 #9
#6
#8
#2
#2
#3
#3
#2
#2
#4

Taylor Swift – I knew you were trouble.

Points: 2101,3
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 27
Album: Red
Chart Debut January 5, 2013
First week at #1: February 9, 2013
Writer(s): Taylor Swift, Max Martin, Shellback
Producer(s): Max Martin, Shellback

In my review “I knew you were trouble.” is the biggest international hit. It’s another gem by Taylor Swift among her breakup songs. In this song she is singing about the end of a relationship and the truth about the knowledge of that this relationship will end badly (“I knew you were trouble when you walked in/So shame on me now/Flew me to places I'd never been/Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground”).
6 #71
#27
#29
#106
#98

Selena Gomez – Slow down

Points: 2112,6
Peak: #1 (4 weeks)
Weeks: 20 (still charting)
Album: Stars dance
Chart Debut August 10, 2013
First week at #1: September 7, 2013
Writer(s): Lindy Robbins, Julia Michaels, Niles Hollowell-Dhar, David Kuncio, Freddy Wexler
Producer(s): The Cataracs. David Kuncio


“Slow down” is a typical dance pop song with its dubstep part in these days. With the first listen I knew that this one will be a #1 song on my chart although her “older” songs didn’t quite good for me. This one fit and reached #1 early in September and hold this position for four weeks which is quite long on my chart. 16 weeks in the Top 10 also shows how much I like this song. Only seven songs were longer in the Top 10 in the last three years than this song and three of these songs will be in this year’s Top 5.

No comments: