Saturday 29 December 2018

Year-End Review 2018 - 100 - 91

100 – 91



international
note
100
no success

Leslie Clio – Sad games

Points: 731.1
Peak: #14
Weeks: 19
Album: Purple
Airplay: #122

Leslie Clio’s album “Eureka” from 2015 had been outstanding. More or less her 2017 album “Purple” flopped for me, but her song “Sad songs” did well on my chart. It peaked at #14 in January and could have done a better if it hadn’t charted in two years.
99 #3
#71

Annalisa – Il mondo prima di te

Points: 741.1
Peak: #25
Weeks: 21
Album: Bye Bye
Airplay: #77

“Direzione la vita” (#104, “Direction life”) failed to reach my Top 100, but with “Il mondo prima di te” (“The world before you”) she delivered another big hit from her album “Bye bye”. Although this song failed to reach my Top 20 it had enough airplay to stay 21 weeks. In Italy “Il mondo prima di te” is her biggest hit so far.
98
no success

Ilse DeLange – OK

Points: 744.1
Peak: #15
Weeks: 18
Album: Ilse DeLange
Airplay: #110

The first single out of her self-titled comeback album “OK” had been her first hit on my chart. I haven’t expected much from this song, but it grew on me and peaked in May. Unfortunately all her other singles from this album flopped.
97 #35
#19
#14
#12
#15
#8
#11
#8
#17
#5

Ariana Grande – Breathin

Points: 758.7
Peak: #18
Weeks: 17 (still charting)
Album: Sweetener
Airplay: #116

2018 had been a very good for Ariana Grande. On my chart she is a regular guest, but beside her big hit “Problem” from 2014 she struggles to reach my Top 10. “Breathin” is no exception, but it had definitely a solid chart run which leads this song into my Top 20.
96
no success

LANY – I don’t wanna love you anymore

Points: 761.3
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 10 (still charting)
Album: Malibu nights
Airplay: #171

At the moment LANY are the biggest indie pop band on my chart. “I don’t love you anymore” is the B-side from the single “Thru these tears” which will be found later in this list. “I don’t love you anymore” grew very fast after listening to it and eventually reached #1 in December.
95
no success

Revolverheld feat. Antje Schomaker – Liebe auf Distanz

Points: 761.6
Peak: #11
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: Zimmer mit Blick
Airplay: #140

Revolverheld had several hits from their previous album “Immer in Bewegung” (“Always on the move”). Unfortunately “Zimmer mit Blick” (“Room with a view”) flopped and so they needed the help by Antje Schomaker. I really like her debut album and so it had been a really good choice to team up for the single “Liebe auf Distanz” (“Love at a distance”).
94no success
Antje Schomaker – Auf und davon

Points: 765.8
Peak: #15
Weeks: 17 (still charting)
Album: Von Helden und Halunken
Airplay: #90

Back to back another song by Antje Schomaker can be found. This time is an album cut from her debut album. “Auf und davon” (“Up and away”) is a solid song from this album, but in the end it failed to reach my Top 10.
93no success
Chad Brownlee – Out of the blue

Points: 774.9
Peak: #9
Weeks: 19
Album: Hearts on fire
Airplay: #42

Chad Brownlee is in Canada a big name in the country scene. Outside of his home country he isn’t well known. So it is no wonder that this song can’t be found anywhere else than on the Canadian Country charts where “Out of the blue” peaked at #17.
92
no success

Emma – Le ragazze come me

Points: 783.5
Peak: #17
Weeks: 18
Album: Essere qui
Airplay: #113

Emma is back on track and “Le ragazze come me” (“Girls like me”) is a perfect example. This album performs very good and produced two #1’s so far. Although only peaking at #17 “Le ragazza come me” is a very good song and would have been a good single choice too.
91no success
Phantoms feat. Vanessa Hudgens – Lay with me

Points: 786.9
Peak: #5
Weeks: 10 (still charting)
Album: -
Airplay: #167

Everybody has songs in its pockets which you can’t believe that these songs aren’t big hits out there. “Lay with me” by Phantoms feat. Vanessa Hudgens is such a gem. I really see the potential of this song, but why this song won’t chart will always be a mystery for me.

No comments: