Saturday 30 December 2017

Year-End Review 2017 - 100 - 91

100 – 91



international
note
100
no success

Norma Jean Martine – No gold

Points: 712.8
Peak: #25
Weeks: 19
Album: Only in my mind

With the release of her debut album I fell in love with her music. “No Gold” is her 2nd single of this album, but not her highest ranked in this review. No other songs in my Top 100 has peaked low than #25.
99 #39
#61

Thomas Rhett feat. Maren Morris – Craving you

Points: 716.2
Peak: #22
Weeks: 16
Album: Life changes

For Thomas Rhett and Maren Morris this has been the first appearance in this part of my review. “Craving you” has been a big country crossover hit in the USA. I really like this song, but for me there could be more Maren Morris in this song. While this song has a been a big country hit, on my chart there have been other country songs which stole this song the show.
98 #13
The Veronicas – On your side

Points: 720.2
Peak: #13
Weeks: 15
Album: -

“On your side” debuted late in 2016. First I had my problems with this song, but on the long run it reached a spot inside my Top 20 by February. The Veronicas are still waiting for their big hit on my chart.
97
no success

Norma Jean Martine – Animals

Points: 725.9
Peak: #24
Weeks: 19
Album: Only in my mind

Norma Jean Martine opened the Top 100 with “No gold”. Now she returns with the first official single “Animals” from her debut album. As “No gold” this song failed to reach my Top 20, but it stayed 19 weeks so that “Animlas” deserves this spot.
96
no success

Juliette Claire – Somebody else’s lover

Points: 734.4
Peak: #6
Weeks: 17
Album: -

Back in 1996 Total Touch had a big hit with “Somebody else’s lover” in the Netherlands. 20 years later DJ Juliette Claire continued the trend to cover songs and put it into the EDM sound. For me this time it worked, mostly because I hadn’t known the original song.
95
no success

Lola Marsh – Wishing girl

Points: 758.1
Peak: #16
Weeks: 15
Album: Remember roses

“Wishing girl” is maybe the biggest indie hit of the year which never found its way into the charts. This music from Israel had some airplay in Germany, but there hasn’t been a big breakthrough. On my chart “Wishing girl” started low, but it grow on me fast and eventually peaked at #16.
94no success
MisterWives – Drummer boy

Points: 758.4
Peak: #14
Weeks: 16
Album: Connect the dots

US indie pop band MisterWives has four songs in my Top 100 review part of 2017. Of these the lowest ranked song is “Drummer boy”. It reached its peak within the Top 20 easily in October and stayed for 16 weeks.
93 #94
#9

Camila Cabello – I have questions

Points: 759.1
Peak: #15
Weeks: 15
Album: -

Camila Cabello separated ways from the girl group Fifth Harmony. She first released solo singles “Crying in the club” and “I have questions”. The first non-album single failed to reach my year-end Top 100, but “I have questions” is an overlooked pearl for me. Both songs failed to make it on her solo debut album.
92
no success

MisterWives – Coloring outside the lines

Points: 766.4
Peak: #13
Weeks: 16
Album: Connect the dots

Song #2 by MisterWives in this countdown. This time it is “Coloring outside the lines” which is a pretty cool song, but failed to gain attention. They are underrated, but I still hope that they will have big success in the future.
91 #13
#10
#13
#68
#12
#16
#7
#4
#8

Rita Ora – Your song

Points: 769.3
Peak: #18
Weeks: 14
Album: -

At #91 you can find the first big international hit. It is by British singer Rita Ora who released two non-album singles this year. “Your song” has been the first one and “Anywhere” the second one. While “Anywhere” failed to enter my chart, because I think that this song is kinda boring, I absolutely enjoyed listening to “Your song” during the summer.

No comments: