Sunday 10 February 2019

Year-End Review 2018 - 3 - 1

3 – 1



international
note
3
no success


Kate Voegele – Not the only one

Points: 2403.7
Peak: #1 (3)
Weeks: 35 (still charting)
Album: Canyonlands
Airplay: #3
Chart Debut: April 28, 2018
First week at #1: June 23, 2016
Writer(s): Kate Voegele
Producer(s): Tim Lauer, Jim McGorman, Kate Voegele

The first secret is exposed. Kate Voegele has made my Top 3 and “Not the only one” reached #3. Since years Kate Voegele is among my core artists and this time she started another the run to finally reach my year-end #1 or at least my Top 3. With “Not the only one” she entered my Top 3, but once more she failed to reach the #1 spot. “Not the only one” is one of my favourite songs out of her “Canyonlands” album and if there hadn’t been to regular singles which did better in 2018 this non-album song could have reached #1.
2 #2
#32
#35

Die Fantastischen Vier feat. Clueso – Zusammen

Points: 2543.9
Peak: #1 (4)
Weeks: 27
Airplay: #6
Album: Captain Fantastic
Chart Debut: March 31, 2018
First week at #1: April 7, 2018
Writer(s): Andreas Rieke, Michael B. Schmidt, Thomas Dürr, Michael DJ Beck, Thomas Burchia, Samy Sorge, Michael Kurth, Conrad Hensel, Florian Renner, Ricco Schoenebeck, Toni Oliver Schoenebeck
Producer(s): DJ Thomilla, Conrad Hensel, Hitnapperz

Last year with Wincent Weiss’ “Nur einen Herzschlag entfernt” (“Only a heartbeat away”) for the first time a song in German reached my year-end #1. In 2018 it looked for some time that Die Fantastischen Vier and Clueso are also reaching #1 with the German song “Zusammen” (“Together”). In Germany this song was very often played during the soccer world cup in Russia. I personally love this song although some people say that this song is neither the best song by Die Fantastischen Vier nor by Clueso. For me this doesn’t matter, because most of their songs disappointed me over the last years, but not this one.
1 #52
Kylie Minogue – Stop me from falling

Points: 3097.6
Peak: #1 (6)
Weeks: 41 (still charting)
Airplay: #1
Album: Golden
Chart Debut: March 17, 2018
First week at #1: May 12, 2018
Writer(s): Kylie Minogue, Steven McEwan, Sky Adams, Danny Shah
Producer(s): Sky Adams

In the end it become a solo run at the #1 for Kylie Minogue. “Stop me from falling” has more than 500 points than “Zusammen” and stayed more than 10 weeks longer on my chart than the German song by Die Fantastischen Vier feat. Clueseo. At first it seemed that “Stop me from falling” can’t repeat the “Dancing” success, but after two months (in its 9th week) this song reached #1. Normally a song only gets one or two weeks at the top when reaching #1 so late, but not this time. As a late bloomer “Stop me from falling” topped my chart for six (!) weeks. No other song in 2018 did that. So it became clear for me that this song had to be outperformed for my year-end #1, but no other song had a chance in 2018. “Stop me from falling” is also my airplay #1 with nearly 30 plays more than the 2nd most played song in 2018.

No comments: