Tuesday 25 December 2012

Year-End Review 2012 - Artists

Once more a year is going to an end. Last year I did my first review when I charted from March to December 2011. In these months I charted 506 songs. This time I had a full year period which means that I charted more songs than the year before. In a total I charted 717 songs. These are 211 more songs than in 2011 or 41.2 % more songs. These songs came from artists all over the world. So I charted in 2012 artists from 54 nations.

The Top 6 nations in my charting year 2012 had been:

1. USA
2. England
3. Germany
4. Austria
5. Canada
6. South Korea

My home country did better than expected with #4 on this rank, but in fact the Top 3 nations are out of reach. Last I year I pointed out that I prefer female artists. Let’s have a look over my Top 10 artists of 2012:


TY LY Artist
Info
10. (---) [image] Mic Donet He charted with 4 songs. Two of them reached the Top 10. His debut song “Losing you” was performed for the first time in “The Voice of Germany” where he failed to reach the final. Until now “Losing you” is his best song peaking at #2.
9. (---) [image] Carly Rae Jepsen Here breakthrough came with the super hit “Call me maybe”. On my chart this song had a split record in 2011 and 2012. “Call me maybe" hadn’t been her only Top 10 hit. “Good time” with Owl City and “This Kiss” also reached Top 10.
8. (---) [image] Cœur de Pirate Three Top 10 hits and seven songs in my chart in 2012 are very good. So far “Golden baby” which peaked at #5 is her best track although many of her songs failed to reach the Top 20.
7. (---) [image] Alanis Morissette Her comeback after four years has been more appreciated in Europe than in the US or in her home country Canada. “Guardian” is still a big radio hit here in Austria. Her biggest charting hit is so far “Receive” which has already spent eight weeks at the top.
6. (---) [image] Lana Del Rey Breaking through with “Video Games” last year she managed to stay at Top with “Blue jeans” which had been the B-side before it had been a regular single. Until now all of her songs I charted managed to reach Top 10 expect her new single “Ride” which could reach this part next year.
5. (3.) [image] Anouk My favorite artist of the last decade reached her fourth #1 hit with “Little did I know”. “Better off alone” also reached the Top 10 and last year’s smash hit “What have you done” also charted a long time in 2012. A few weeks ago she announced that she is participating in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 for the Netherlands. I hope it’s once more a good song from her.
4. (---) [image] Matt Cardle British X-Factor winner dominated my chart this year. He placed several songs on my chart and topped it with “Starlight”. “Starlight” stayed there for two weeks and is a hot candidate for a Top 10 hit in my year end chart.
3. (---) [image] Emma Italian singer Emma has topped my chart with two songs this year. Four of nine charting songs had been Top 10 hits and two of the other songs of her are on the way to reach my Top 10 in the next weeks. Although “Tra passione e lacrime” is her bigger hit, I combine “Non e’ l’inferno” with my Rome trip this year.
2. (10.) [image] Kate Voegele Last year I heard for the first time from her. At the end she had a #1 song with “Sandcastles”. This year she placed four more songs in the Top 10 and topped my chart with “Sunshine in my sky” and “Say you’re mine” which will end up very high in this review.
1. (9.) [image] Kelly Clarkson Only one song of her topped my chart this year. It has been “What doesn’t kill you (stronger)”. But she has placed several songs in the Top 10 or Top 20. All in all she charted with 12 different songs and all of them except “Standing in front of you” reached the Top 20. And for this reason she is earnt the artist of the year award rightly.

No comments: