Friday 28 December 2012

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 90 - 81

The last part of this countdown ended with a song by Matt Cardle. 79 songs are to count down before I will reveal my #1 one song of 2012. But before we see the spots 90 - 81.


Bilder oder Fotos hochladen
90. One Direction - Live while we're young 

2012 has been the year of One Direction. Several songs charted around the world, but here in Austria they failed to get big attention. “Live while we’re young” was one of three songs about youth I charted this year. While “We are young” by Fun. failed to get into the Top 100 they got to #90 in this countdown with the best young song to come.

89. Carrie Underwood - Blown away

In the US or in Canada she is more known than in Europe. This year she placed two songs on my chart. “Blown away” is her first song in this countdown. This song has a good text and sound, but all in all it doesn’t thrilled me like her other hit “Good girl” which will be seen later in this countdown.

88. Matt Cardle - Pull me under

After “Stars & lovers” “Pull me under” is the second track from Matt Cardle within the Top 100. This song peaked in August at #19 while his biggest hit “Starlight” has been still in the Top 50 its 28th charting week.

87. Kelly Clarkson - The sun will rise

Another powerful ballad from US star Kelly Clarkson. This song could easily be one of her singles. However it is doubtful she is releasing one more single from her album “Stronger” as she released two singles from her “Best of”-album.

86. Giorgia - E' l'amore che conta

The chart run from “E’ l’amore che conta” began in December 2011. In January this Italian song peaked at #13. Giorgia is the only artist from Italy beside Emma who is placing an Italian song in my Top 100.

85. Robbie Williams - Candy

Before charting this song it was played for several weeks on the Austrian radio stations. So it took influence on me and I started to like this song with its fresh refrain. At the end “Candy” peaked at #5 at the beginning of December.

84. Caro Emerald - Riviera life

Last year Caro Emerald had a big hit with “A night like this” (#74, 2011). This was only topped by “That man” (#33, 2011). The follow up to this song did well on my chart too and peaked at #15 in June. “Riveria life” is one of two songs from her which made the Top 100. Where “Absolutely me” landed we will see later.

83. Tone Damli - Look back

The first time I heard this song I thought I’m hearing a new song by Lene Marlin. Certainly it was another singer from Norway I haven’t heard before. “Look back” climbed up the chart until it peaked at #12. So far it’s her biggest hit, because the follow up “Imagine” with Eric Saade only charted for three weeks.

82. Kate Voegele - Hundred million dollar soul

This part of my countdown is ending with a double of Kate Voegele. In this review she failed for two times to enter the Top 100. Her first of six songs in the Top 100 is “Hundred million dollar soul”. Starting its chart run in November 2011 prevented this song for reaching a higher position in the year-end review. At the end of January 2012 this song peaked at #7.

81. Kate Voegele - Sandcastles

The next song from Kate Voegele can also be found on my review for 2011. There she reached #45 with her first #1 hit “Sandcastles”. In 2012 “Sandcastles” stayed for several weeks in the Top 10 and was the opener for several Top 10 hits including two more #1 hits which all of them will be found on higher spots of this review.

No comments: