Thursday 27 December 2012

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 100 - 91

After finishing the spots 200 - 101 the countdown is going on with best 100 songs on my chart. Let me go on with the summarize of the spots 100 - 91 where you can find several casting show participants.

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

100. Kelly Clarkson - Einstein 

This album cut hasn’t been released as a single until now. On this countdown (from 100 – 1) it’s her first of seven songs. The first time I heard this song I had to smile about the lyrics “simple math”. As a math teacher these words aren’t often combined during school lessons. Although this song has the “mathematical” background this song was one of her lowest peaking song.

99. Maroon 5 feat. Wiz Khalifa - Payphone

I’m not the biggest fan of Maroon 5. So this song had a very hard start before I started charting. But it was worth it. In the end this song climbed into my Top 20 which brought Maroon 5 a bigger hit than last year smash hit “Moves like Jagger”.

98. Bruno Mars - Locked out of heaven

After world hits like “Just the way you are”, Grenade” or “The lazy song” his new album has generated big expectations. The first single “Locked out of heaven” has done well by peaking at #7 in December while his album is a little bit disappointing in my opinion.

97. Amelia Lily - You bring me joy

Marcus Collins and Little Mix did better on UK X-factor 2011. But it was Amelia Lily to lead this pack with her debut single. This powerful dance song confirmed my expectations to this singer. Her debut album is going to be released next March.

96. Melanie Fiona feat. B.o.B. - Change the record 

This song is absolutely different from her biggest hit to date “Monday morning” which had been a Top 3 hit in Austria back in 2010. Two years later she released this song in Europe as a single, but except in Switzerland she failed to get attention. So far this song is Melanie Fionas and B.o.B.’s biggest hit on my chart.

95. Anuhea - Higher than the clouds
 
She’s is a newcomer to my world of music. With this folk song Rylee Anuheakeʻalaokalokelani Jenkins better known as Anuhea entered my chart. In October she climbed to #15 where this song peaked. At the moment it seems that this song is her only charting hit, but maybe the future brings her more charting honor.

94. Train - Drive by

Best known for “Drops of Jupiter” (2001) and “Hey Soul Sister” (2010) they are back on my chart with “Drive by”. It’s one of these songs I didn’t like at the first listen. Massive airplay on the Austrian radio stations during March leads them to an entry. In May the finally peaked at #23.

93. Coshiva - Sunday afternoon

Daniela Wimmer has been away from Austrian radio for four years. If you’re looking for a song to relax it’s definitely a good choice by picking “Sunday afternoon”. This summer this song got very good airplay, but the sales stayed behind, so it only charted in Austria where it peaked at #50.

92. Reece Mastin - Shut up and kiss me

Once more a casting show participant. Reece Mastin won the Australien X-factor. The teen pop song “Shut up and kiss me” was the first single of his second album and got my attention because of the catchy refrain. Until now his other singles failed to chart and so his at the moment a one-hit-wonder for me.

91. Matt Cardle - Stars & lovers

"Stars & lovers” hadn’t been an official single. In my countdown to #1 it’s one of three songs between #100 and #1. The debut album of this UK X-Factor winner is one of a few albums by male singers I bought over the years, but the sound of his songs is in my opinion very good. I really like most of his songs, but unfortunately most of his songs underperform.

No comments: