Saturday 29 December 2012

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 70 - 61

This time you find the best K-Pop in my mind and two of four songs from Lana Del Rey in this part of the countdown. Let's find out on which spot they are.

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

70. Lana Del Rey - Summertime sadness

Since the start of “Video games” Lana Del Rey is known for her melodramatic songs. “Summertime sadness” continues this way. It is the first of four songs in my Top 100 with one more in this section and two of her #1 songs. 

69. Ben Montague - Rainy day

Purely by chance I heard a song by Ben Montague. I liked his sound and so I looked for more songs from him. So I found his 2011 album “Overcome” which I bought. “Rainy day” was one of his first singles of this album and it did best so far for him.

68. Lloyd feat. André 3000 – Dedication to my ex (miss that)

Once more a sleeper. I did well in Austria before I’m started to chart this song. The refrain of the clean version was catchy and took me into this song. “Dedication to my ex (miss that)” run up my chart fast and peaked in late April at #6. 

67. Kelly Clarkson - Alone

One more song from Kelly Clarkson’s album “Stronger”. This time it’s the power song “Alone”. This song was a carryover from 2011 where it ended as #171 of the year. Peaking in January 2012 brought this song straight to #67 of this review.

66. Keane - Silenced by the night

The British band Keane surprised with this good track of their “Strangeland” album. By the end of June this song climbed into the Top 10 where it peaked at #9 for two weeks. 

65. Lana Del Rey - Born to die

Here is the second song from Lana Del Rey in this part of the countdown. “Born to die” reached the Top 10 as all her other songs did before. It was the first song of her which didn’t reach the top of my chart like “Video games” (four weeks in 2011) and “Blue jeans” (threes weeks in 2012).

64. Die Ärzte - M+F
   
German punk rock is combined with Die Toten Hosen who had a top hit with “Tage wie diese” (only peaked for me at #76) and Die Ärzte. Latter entered my Top 10 with a song about men and woman in August. Some of the time they have a fresh sound combined with strong lyrics. This time they got it all so they are for right in this countdown.

63. Marina and The Diamonds - Primadonna

While her first new material of “Electra heart” didn’t catch my interest this song did. The more often it was played on the TV stations to promote their program or on the radio the higher this song climbed on my chart. At the end it peaked at #9 and it is so far her biggest hit. 

62. 2ne1 - I love you

South Korea is ruling music industry this year. PSY did best with his “Gangam style” to introduce the world in K-Pop. I charted this song too, but it failed to make it into the Top 200. The best Korean song for me is “I love you” by girl group 2ne1. The video is great, the song itself is great and the refrain is very, very catchy. All in all this is my K-Pop song of the year, but 2ne1 aren’t the best Korean act in this countdown because Wonder Girls released an English track which will be found later.

61. Emeli Sandé - Next to me


“Next to me ooooh” was part of a song I’m singing along this year starting in March. “Next to me” is Emeli Sandé’s biggest hit for me. It peaked in Mai at #10 and it’s still a song I’m turning the radio louder when it’s played.

No comments: