Monday 31 December 2012

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 60 - 51

This time you could find the world biggest hit in 2012 "Call me maybe". It's her first Top 100 hit. Let us find out where she is.

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

60. Caro Emerald - Absolutely me

This year’s best song from Caro Emerald is “Absolutely me”. This song was her second Top 10 hit back in February when it reached #10 for a single week. At the moment it seems that she doesn’t release a new album in 2013.

59. Nickelback - Lullaby

With their third single from their album “Here and now” Nickelback got their second Top 10 hit after “When we stand together” (#91 in 2011). “Lullaby” is a good track and so far their best chart hit for me. But I prefer their older stuff like “How you remind me”.

58. Cœur de Pirate – Danse et danse

With “Danse et danse” Canadian chanson singer Cœur de Pirate continued her good run in 2012. This song peaked at #9 in the middle of March. She placed one more song in the Top 100. It’s “Golden baby” her biggest hit so far.

57. Katy Perry - Part of me

Katy Perry has it a little bit hard on my chart. A lot of her songs failed to get into top positions. With this song it was different. Early April this song entered the Top 10 and peaked at #10 for two weeks. Her latest release of “Teenage dream” also reached the Top 30, but failed to get higher.

56. Alanis Morissette - Woman down

Alanis Morissette’s comeback is great. Four years to wait is a long time for one of my favorite artists. “Woman down” is the first of three songs in this countdown and it’s her only song except “ ‘til you” which didn’t reach #1. “Guardian” and her smash hit “Receive” will come soon.

55. Sam Gray - This girl
 
Fairly unkown is British singer Sam Gray. “This girl” is a swinging title and a non-album release. The Woo Hoo before the refrain made this song unique. So far it’s his best release. I’m waiting for more in this style. 

54. Christina Perri - Jar of hearts

We here in Austria were a little bit late with “Jar of hearts”. At the end of December 2011 this song finally made it to my home country. And then Christina Perri debuted on my chart too. “Jar of hearts” is her highest ranked song which peaked at #7 in February. 

53. Viky Red - If you ever feel

Marginally better than “Jar of hearts” did “If you ever feel”. Viky Red is a Romanian singer who tried to reach the Eurovision Song Contest in 2012. The Romanians decided to send another song to Azerbaijan. I personally think this dance song could have been the better choice.

52. Ryan Star - Stay awhile

Last year Ryan Star entered the chart with “Start a fire”. This year his next single “Stay awhile” also reached the Top 10 easily. With this song he managed to reach #10 in June, where this song stayed for three weeks.

51. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call me maybe

When “Call me maybe” finally started its breakout in March 2012 in Austria I was finally over with this maybe song of the year in the world. It’s a carryover from 2011, but it peaked at the end of January at #6. For a song which didn’t reach #1 it had a very long activity on my chart. Unfortunately “This kiss” has the same problem like “Call me maybe” which will also be a carryover in the year-end review of 2013. But she has one more song with “Good time” to come.

No comments: