Tuesday 1 January 2013

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 50 - 41

This time you can find a lot of unknown artists between 50 and 41.

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

50. Kelly Clarkson – You love me

Once again a song of my favorite artist of 2012. This time it is “You love me” which reached the highest position in August. Three more songs are on the list from her like “Dark side” or “What doesn’t kill you (stronger)”.

49. Ricki-Lee – Raining diamonds

In Europe Ricki-Lee is totally unknown. With “Raining diamonds” she had the chance to chart, but on the basis of missing promotion I’m among a few people who like this song here.

48. Jack’s Mannequin – Release me

In 2011 Jack’s Mannequin entered #1 with the beautiful song “My racing thoughts”. The second single of their album “People and things” also reached the Top 10, but in the end this song failed to get higher than #9.

47. Christina Aguilera – Your body

With "Your body" Christina Aguilera returned to the top of my chart like in my first periode of charting. Sure “Your body” failed to make it to #1, but a place at the podium is still good, because a lot of her songs failed to get my attention in the past.

46. Shary-An – Read my book

Shary-An was a participant in the first season of the “Voice of Holland”. From her debut album she released several singles before she charted on my chart for the first time. “Read my book” has a good and catchy refrain. Unfortunately her other material isn’t as good as this song.

45. Suzie McNeil – Tough love

Suzie McNeil is on my list since she released “Merry go round” in 2011. With “Though love” she is the first artist on this list who reached the 1000 point mark.

44. Joe Bonamassa – Driving towards the daylight

Joe Bonamassa is a also a member of Black Country Communion who also released a new album in 2012. “Driving towards the daylight” got my attention as it was played on TV. This is the first of two freebie songs in a row which relatively fast entered the Top 10 in June.

43. Noisettes – Winner

The next freebie on the list is “Winner”. This song has been released right before the start of the Olympic Games in London. From the Austrian point of view I better forget how these games ended. “Winner” is a up-tempo dance song which reached its peak in August.

42. Wonder Girls feat. Akon – Like money

And her is the best song from a Korean band. The Wonder Girls cooperated with Akon and they made all right (for me). In South Korea they failed to reach #1 like with most of their Korean singles before.

41. The Orion Experience – NYC girl

And here is once again an unknown artist. An absolutely interesting song from this group. This song peaked at #5 in February. Later in 2012 “NYC girl” got covered by Ronan Keating for his first album “Fires” after six years.

No comments: