Wednesday 2 January 2013

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 40 - 31

Let's continue the countdown with the sports 40 to 31.

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

40. Ivy Quainoo – Do you like what you see

Ivy Quainoo won the first season of “The Voice of Germany”. With her winning title, a song that could easily be a bond song, she shot straight into the Top 10. Her concurrent Mic Donet debuted at #10 and went to #2. Although she didn’t reach #1 she had a respectable start of her career.

39. Demi Lovato – Give your heart a break

In 2011 she finished at #63 with “Skyscraper”. This time she climbed up the chart with “Give your heart a break” peaking at #7. So far it’s her best song up to date. Kinda sad that her best songs didn’t work in Europe.

38. Anouk – What have you done

This song was a massive hit on my chart. In 2011 “What have you done” finished at #4 in my year-end review. This year she is back among my Top 40 songs without staying a single week within the Top 10 in 2012, but with 30 charting weeks of her 52 weeks in total she has set a record. This record she is sharing with Adele who stayed also for 52 weeks in my chart with “Turning tables” and “Set fire to the rain”.

37. Miriam Bryant – Finders keepers

Somehow unimpressive had been my first listen to this song. That changed very fast. Miriam Bryant has a voice like Adele. The talent is there, but apart from a brief appearance in the German chart for a single week she didn’t has the same success like Adele.

36. Mia. – Fallschirm

I didn’t expect much of this release of German band Mia.. Their lyrical style is sometimes difficult to understand. This time they got me caught for three reasons. First the clapping part which made this song unique. Second the refrain which is absolutely singable for me. And last but not least the lyrics. For sure the video also helped.

35. Mic Donet – Pray 4 rain

His performences in “The Voice of Germany” helped him to get my attention. He had worked on his album for several years and finally this TV show helped to get it released. “Pray 4 rain” is no official single, but on my chart it was his second Top 5 hit. His first, “Losing you”, can be found on a better position.

34. Kate Voegele – Impatient girl

Here she is again. ”Impatient girl” is the first of two songs from her in this part of the countdown. This song has a good hook and all in all this song had everything to be her next #1. Indeed she peaked at #4, because there had been stronger songs out there and her song “Sunshine in my sky” peaked at #1 during the same period. A #35 finish in the year-end is still pretty good. 

33. Chris Wallace – Remember when (push rewind)

Have I heard from Chris Wallace before 2012? No I haven’t. At first I didn’t realized how good this song is. Then this song went higher on other personal charts and I gave this song a chance. The end is known. Chris Wallace peaked at #3 with a massive hit in his bag. 

32. Kate Voegele – Burning the harbor

“Burning the harbor” is the next song from Kate Voegele. Somehow I also have the feeling that this song could have reached #1 if … If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. “Burning the harbor” peaked at #4 and did pretty well on this review too.

31. Of Monsters and Men – Little talks

What a song! Only peaking at #9 on my chart. This song was nearly everywhere her in Austria. The video of this song is still great. I absolutely love it. Only one song outside my weekly Top 5 charted higher than this song. You will find this song in the next part of the countdown. 
 

No comments: