Saturday 5 January 2013

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 10 - 5

So let's star with my favorite songs of the year and count them down from 10 to 5.


Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

10. Emma – Tra passione e lacrime

“Saró libera” from Emma was the first album in Italian I every bought. The second official single of this album “Tra passione e lacrime” (Between passion and tears) had more impact than the title song. This is the first song in Italien which peaked at #1. In April it stayed there for two weeks. And this song caused “Bello e impossibile” (Beautiful and impossible) from Gianna Nannini – a song I always sung as a child – from the Italian language favorite song.

9. Cover Drive feat. Dappy – Explode

This song has been a favorite of my #1 song of the year beside “Receive” from Alanis Morissette. The first reason why this song should have been my #1 song of the year is because it was the first track ever to debut directly at #1. And the second reason is because this song broke the record for staying at #1, where it had been six weeks. But the longtime activity of the my top songs of the year costs this one a better spot.

8. Alanis Morissette - Guardian

With “Guardian” Alanis Morissette returned to my chart where it debuted directly in the Top 10. It took her some time to reach the top spot, where she stayed for one week. This song has been a massive radio hit here in Austria. This is also the reason why this song is such a big hit on my chart. I think I hear this more than three times a day when I’m listening to the radio.

7. Pink – Blow me (one last kiss)

After the greatest hits album Pink released in 2012 a new album, which I finally bought last week. The first single had been “Blow me (one last kiss)”. This uptempo pop song is typical for Pink. I always liked her singles in this style. And this one is no exception. The unexpected #1 “Run run run” from Celeste Buckingham prevented this song for staying longer than two weeks at the top.

6. Krautschädl – Khoids Wossa


Originally released in 2011 this song has been a massive hit for me in 2012. This rock ballade has very deep lyrics. For those who don’t speak German you can compare this song with “Lost in you” from Three Days Grace, a song which reached #6 in my year-end of 2011. Beside Stef Lang’s “Paper doll” this one of the most underrated songs of the year. It’s such a shame that this song didn’t get attention on the Austrian radio stations.


No comments: