Sunday 6 January 2013

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 5 - 1

Here it is. The final post from my year-end review of the music year 2012. Let's see which song reached #1.

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

5. Lana Del Rey – Blue jeans

Lana Del Rey’s domination began with her strong debut “Video games”. “Blue jeans” start began as the B-side of this single. Finally this song was chosen as single and it had a major impact for me. It’s one of a few songs which return to #1. The lyrics are good and work well with the arrangement. “I will love you till the end of time” a text line from this song describes best how I like this song.

4. Kate Voegele – Say you’re mine


If there is a song in 2012 that should have been released as an official single then it is “Say you’re mine.” With this upbeat pop tune she is doing best. This song is her second #1 on my chart and the refrain is really catching and singable. Peaking at #1 in July it made this song to one of my favorite songs during the last summer. With the later #1 “Sunshine in my sky” she is one of the most successful artists on my chart and the future of Kate Voegele is shining bright.


3. Carrie Underwood – Good girl

“Blown away” was the title of the follow up single to “Good girl”. From the very first moment I was blown away from this uptempo country rock song. Carrie Underwood isn’t a big star outside North America, but with this song she released something that could have worked in Europe too. The guitars crackle and her voice are working quite well with a singalong chorus. General this song spreads a lot of energy, not only through her singing, but also through the tempo of this song.

2. Anouk – Little did I know

Two songs are outstanding of Anouk’s last album. “What have you done” which reached #4 in the year-end of 2011 and this track. “Little did I know” had the power to stay 45 weeks on my chart, when the most songs drop out after eight or nine weeks. Three of these weeks she topped the chart in February and March. This song is about the end of a relationship is in her typical style. The arrangements work well and the end of the song sounds like from outta space. Unfortunately she didn't get the #1 spot of this review, although she fought for it for a long time, but one song did better.

1.  Matt Cardle – Starlight
And here is the #1 song of my music year 2012. With his debut album “Letters” 2010 British X-Factor winner Matt Cardle got a good start. This song debuted at #19, but it took him 12 weeks to get to the top where “Starlight” could stay for two weeks. Sure there are some songs which stayed longer at the top than this song. But I like his voice and I really like this song. The beat of this song is rousing and the guitar riffs enforce his vocal talents. Saying that female voices dominate my chart, Matt Cardle broke this domination with an easiness I never thought off. I hope that his new album will work like this song did in 2012.

No comments: