Friday 4 January 2013

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 30 - 21

And her are the results for the spots 30 to 21.
Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

30. Cœur de Pirate – Golden baby

With “Golden baby” Canadian Cœur de Pirate celebrates her biggest hit on my chart. It took her almost three months to climb to the peak at #5. This song is more in the style of her self-titled debut album which I absolutely love.

29. Alanis Morissette – Receive

At #29 you find the song which should have been the #1 song in my year-end review. Eight consecutive weeks at the top are a new record. Only in my first charting area one song (I’ll be missing you by Puff Daddy) could stay longer at the top than this song. I think this is one of her best songs for ages.

 28. Lana Del Rey – Video games

“Video games” is the 3rd song of Lana Del Rey in this countdown. In the end of 2011 it topped the chart for four weeks which lead her to #62 in the year-end review 2011. As a carryover this song continued the good run in 2012 and now her breakout can be found at #28. One of her songs comes later. We will see where “Blue Jeans” will end.

27. Kelly Clarkson – I forgive you

“I forgive you” is one of Kelly Clarkson’s Top 3 this. In April this song climbed to its peaked. Two of her songs are still be missed in this countdown. “Dark side” and naturally her #1 hit “What doesn’t kill you (stronger)” are on the list with one to come in this part of the review. 

26. Parade – Light me up

With a freebie this British girl group climbed into my weekly Top 3. They will ever be in my history books as the first girl group reaching this part of my chart. It has been a favorite of mine since the first listen to this song. This time I also liked the dubstep in the middle of the song which I normally don’t like. If they always release such songs their future is shining bright on my chart.
  
25.  Emma – Cercavo amore

The first song I heard from Emma has been a cooperation with the Italian rock band Modá. I didn’t like this song. The title track of this album “Saró libera” was only a miner hit on my chart. I didn’t see it coming that Emma end with four hits in my Top 30 of the year. This one is lowest, but absolutely good. As I like the whole album.

24. Mic Donet – Losing you

“The Voice of Germany” helped his career taking the next step. “Losing you” was his first song in English and released before the final. Unfortunately his coach went with another guy. From the very first time heard this song, I didn’t saw his whole appearance in the show with this song, I liked it. This song ended as #2 and is one of a few songs this year which didn’t reach #1 after staying in the runner’s up position.

23. Kate Voegele – Sunshine in my sky

Her is the next song from Kate Voegele. “Sunshine in my sky” is her third #1 hit on my chart following to “Say you’re mine” (this song will rank very high, but more later). This song is one of my favorites of this album. And when I gave this album the first listen it was the song I liked most, but at the end one song of this album did better for me. 

22. Kelly Clarkson – Dark side

“Dark side” is the second best Kelly Clarkson song in 2012 for me. With a good melody and lyrics this has been a very strong third official single of her album. However it wasn’t enough to get her one more #1. I can’t say why, but it is not simply assumed, but it is still a good track. 

21. Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen  Good time

It’s always a good time. A “Good time” listening to this song. Owl City has been considered as a one hit wonder after the massive hit of “Fireflies” which is still my favorite of Owl City. And Carly Rae Jepsen wasn’t near a one hit wonder as she has now two big hits outside her home country. On my chart this is for both acts their biggest hit up to date. I’m sure both acts will have some more in the future.

No comments: