Friday 4 January 2013

Year-End Review 2012 - Spots 20 - 11

Twenty songs to go. Here are spots 20 until 11.

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen

20. Celeste Buckingham – Run run run 

Celeste Buckingham is a Slovakian singer with a Swiss mum and an American dad. She also was a participant in “Czech & Slovakia SuperStar”. “Run run run” was one of her singles from her debut album. As well as in Czech and Slovak this song received a lot of airplay. It took this song only two weeks before topping my chart. Not many songs are in a position to do this. “Run run run” is one of my summer hits in 2012.

19. Jennifer Rostock – Ich kann nicht mehr

The German rock band Jennifer Rostock released this single in 2011. As a carryover this song finally reached the #1 in January. It has been the first song in German reaching this position. Later it was followed by an Austrian band with a German song. This song has very deep lyrics and is my favorite song from this band, because their previous work hasn’t impressed me as much as this song did.

18. Emma – Senza averti mai

Three songs from Emma reached the Top 30. This song is the only song of her which didn’t get up to #1. “Senza averti mai” one of the outstanding songs from her album “Saró libera” which I bought after the first listen of “Non e’ l’inferno”. “Non e’ l’inferno“ is the next song from her on the list.

17. The Brilliant Things – Dance

Although this song had airplay on the British radio stations it failed to chart. On my chart it did pretty well. Here it reached #1 in Mai 2012. The first time I listened to this song I thought that Irish band The Corrs had new material. This time it was another Irish band. “Dance” is similar to The Corrs’ hit “Radio” which is a favorite of mine. At the moment The Brilliant Things are a one hit wonder and I’m not sure if they will have a future hit on my chart.


16. Silbermond – Himmel auf

As I heard that a new Silbermond album got released in 2012 I was very excited. They are among my favorite German bands. The first single “Himmel auf” is a quite good track in the tradition of their other work. The whole album is disappointing for me. It sounds more than a new Coldplay album than a Silbermond. Nothing against Coldplay, but this isn’t most of the time my music. In the end “Himmel auf” is the only track I charted from the new Silbermond album so far.

15. Kelly Clarkson – What doesn’t kill you (stronger)

For the last time in this review you find a song from Kelly Clarkson In the year-end review of 2011 this song only reached #101. In 2012 it did better with a peak at #1 and a year-end finish at #15. The carryover prevented this song for reaching my Top 10 of the year.

14. Taylor Swift – We are never ever getting back together

From “Our song” to “We are never ever getting back together” it has been a long way. This breakup song has come to my mind very fast. On my chart it has been Tayler Swift’s first Top 10 hit and her first #1. “WANEGBT” is still in my Top 20 were it could be for a long time, because this song finally got airplay in Austria too and it is climbing up the Austrian chart. Maybe it’s her first Top 10 hit in Austria too, but her latest smash hit “I knew you were trouble.” is also starting to chart.
 
13. Jessie J. – Domino

This song took some time, but when I started to listen it had my attention. By February it reached the top of my chart and stayed there for two weeks holding off Lana Del Rey which tried to reach her second #1. “Domino” is a catchy tune and I think it’s her best. I like “Price tag”, but this one is special.


12. Emma – Non e’ l’inferno

Emma for the third time. With this song I’m sharing memories of my first trip to Rome in Mai 2011. And this song had been the reason why I bought her album. Nevertheless “Non e’ l’inferno“ only spent one week at the top.

11. Stef Lang – Paper doll

“Paper doll” did well on other personal charts before. “I don’t wanna be a paper doll” is the key of this song. The video fits the theme of this song very well. Beside “Little talks” from Of Monsters and Men and “Black fly” from Lindi Ortega it’s one of the best videos in 2012. Unfortunately Stef Lang got little attention on personal charts. This song would have certainly deserves more public attention.

No comments: