Tuesday 31 December 2019

Year-End Review 2019 - 100 - 91

100 – 91



international
note
100
no success

Klaas – When we were still young

Points: 719.3
Peak: #10
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: -
Airplay: #170

This year German DJ Klaas had two hits. The first one had been a cover of the Londonbeat classic “I’ve been thinking about you”. His second hit did a lot better and ended within the Top 10. His youth anthem “When we were still young” reached the Top 10 by the end of the year and takes the first spot in the part of the review.
99
no success

Madeline Juno – Grund genug

Points: 721.4
Peak: #20
Weeks: 14
Album: Was bleibt
Airplay: #139

Since her 2011 hit “Error” it had been a long way for Madeline Juno who is now singing in German. Another gem by her is “Grund genug” (“Reason enough”). This song is a single from her 2nd album in German and reached a notable spot in the Top 20.
98
no success

LXandra – Swimming pools

Points: 723.2
Peak: #21
Weeks: 14
Album: Another lesson learned EP
Airplay: #82

I’ve not heard about this young singer from Finland before. With her song “Swimming pools” she entered the chart for the first time. This song is also about the youth and that you were happy with little in these days. I like the lyrics and I hope that she will chart anytime soon.
97 #9
Hecht – Besch ready für die Liebi vo mer?

Points: 745.5
Peak: #4
Weeks: 10 (still charting)
Album: -
Airplay: #211

When I think of pop from Switzerland 77 Bombay Street and Stefanie Heinzmann cross my mind. This year a dialect pop band from Switzerland also had a big hit for me. Their song “Besch ready für die Liebi vo mer?” (“Are you ready for the love with me?”) just missed the Top 3 and becomes the first Swiss dialect pop song reaching the Top 10. This song about the start of a relationship is fresh and unique and the best is that they aren’t a one hit wonder because I charted them once before.
96 #32
#33

Thomas Rhett – Look what god gave her

Points: 750.8
Peak: #16
Weeks: 16
Album: Center Point Road
Airplay: #25

Since I discovered my love for country songs US singer Thomas Rhett had some hits on my chart. This year he returned with the single “Look what good gave her” which is dedicated to his wife. I absolutely love this country pop song while I never got into his album “Center Point Road”.
95
no success

Taylor Swift – Dancing with our hands tied

Points: 758.1
Peak: #25
Weeks: 19
Album: Reputation
Airplay: #59

Taylor Swift can be found seven times within the year-end Top 100. She charted this year with songs from her albums “Reputation” and “Lover”. The first one within the Top 100 is the album cut “Dancing with our hands tied”.
94no success
Cœur de Pirate feat. Loud – Dans la nuit

Points: 759.0
Peak: #14
Weeks: 17
Album: En cas de tempête, ce jardin sera ferme
Airplay: #73

Back in 2010 I discovered Canadian singer Cœur de Pirate for me. Since that she had reached the chart very often and this year she returned very strong with her latest album “En cas de tempête, ce jardin sera ferme”. ”Dans la nuit” (“In the night”) is her first of two entries in the Top 100.
93no success
Tagtraeumer – Zeit

Points: 759.1
Peak: #18
Weeks: 17
Album: Unendlich eins
Airplay: #69

You all know that Tagtraeumer are my favourite band from my home country. They have scored multiple #1’s and “Unendlich eins” is an album which had several Top 10 hits. This album is easily the best album in German with its success. “Zeit” (“Time”) only peaked at #18, but it is definitely a good song by them. Can’t wait for the bands new songs.
92
no success

John.k – If we never met

Points: 760.1
Peak: #19
Weeks: 15
Album: -
Airplay: #75

Recently John.k’s song “If we never met” was picked up for charting by some other than me. I first listened to his song in May. This song had a fine chart run with its peak within the Top 20 and it is definitely nice to see someone else also listening to this song.
91no success
LANY feat. Julia Michaels – Okay

Points: 761.4
Peak: #15
Weeks: 15
Album: -
Airplay: #88

For the first time within in the Top 100 can now be found my favourite band of the year LANY. Their single “Okay” hasn’t been on the highly recommended album “Malibu nights”. I like this song, but it failed to reach the high expectations the band’s second album caused. I hope that they will have some success outside my little world too.

No comments: