Saturday 28 December 2013

Year-End Review 2013 - Spots 100 - 91





international

note
100
no success

Fard feat. Bobby V. – Zu spät/I remember when

Points: 706,6
Peak: #16
Weeks: 15
Album: Bellum et pax

If you’re following my chart you’ll have noticed that I’m not a fan of rap music. Even this music is in my mother language. Fard is a well-known rapper in Germany. With his latest album “Bellum et pax” he reached #2 in Germany. “Zu spät/I remember when” is a single out of this album and shone with good lyrics. The bilingualism was also interesting so that this Hip Hop song reached #100 in this review.
99 #24
#58
#5
#14
#15
#13
#6

Paramore – Still into you

Points: 714,4
Peak: #15
Weeks: 15
Album: Paramore

Unfortunately the 4th album “Paramore” was a big mistake in my opinion. I really enjoyed the bands past two albums, but this was … . I didn’t have a connection to this album except two singles. There first single “Now” peaked #55 and failed to get major impact. “Still into you” did better and reached a Top 20 status. In the end I’m hoping that they will move on and produce a better follow up.
98 #103
Ingrid Michaelson – Fire

Points: 714,5
Peak: #20
Weeks: 15
Album: Human again

“Fire” is a piano driven song and not a typical song by Ingrid Michaelson. In my eyes this is her best song she has released. Internationally she hadn’t big success with this song. Only #3 in the bubbling under of the US charts was the best she got.
97
no success

Aurea – Look at me now

Points: 716,1
Peak: #16
Weeks: 15
Album: Soul notes

This is the first out of two songs in my Top 100 by Portuguese star Aurea. “Look at me now” hasn’t released as a single until now. This song is one of my favourites of her 2nd album “Soul notes”.
96 #33
#46 (Wallonia)

Tal feat. Flo Rida – Danse

Points: 720,9
Peak: #11
Weeks: 15 (still charting)
Album: À l’infini

With her first single from “À l’infini” she reached a new peak on my chart. And no it’s not the Flo Rida part which helped this song to get up the chart. It’s only Tal who become a new favourite of French pop music for me. Next year could be her year, because I’d like to buy this album with more good pop songs.
95
no success

Matt Cardle – Anyone else

Points: 731,9
Peak: #20
Weeks: 16
Album: The fire

Matt Cardle placed five songs into this year’s Top 100. “Anyone else” had been the 3rd single out of his 2nd album “The fire”. This song is very good, but this special song failed to reach my Top 10.
94 #1
#1
#1
#7
#8
#1
#1
#2

Passenger – Let her go

Points: 733,7
Peak: #14
Weeks: 15
Album: All the little lights

“Let her go” was one of the biggest hits in 2013. It was Passenger’s 1st hit and he gained several #1’s all over the world. On my chart he was a little bit late, but in the end “Let her go” climbed until #14. A Top 10 status was out of reach, but this is definitely a good song to remember 2013.
93
no success

The Neverdies – Miss U

Points: 737,3
Peak: #17
Weeks: 15
Album: TBA

They had their breakthrough on my chart with this song. It’s a clever song which includes a very popular whistling part. The follow up single struggled a little bit, so this is their only Top 100 hit.
92 #71
#37

Christina Aguilera & Blake Shelton – Just a fool

Points: 741,2
Peak: #13
Weeks: 15
Album: Lotus

Christina Aguilera reached the Top 100 with two song which couldn’t have been more different. This one is her country pop single “Just a fool”. It took a time to unfold its charme, but in the end this song with Blake Shelton reached a good chart position.
91
no success

Mandisa – What if we were real

Points: 745,0
Peak: #22
Weeks: 16
Album: What if we were real

This is one of those songs which should have been released as a single. Mandisa decided not to release it as a single, but on my chart this is her biggest hit until today. I believe that this is the best song she had sung so far.

No comments: