Monday 30 December 2013

Year-End Review 2013 - Spots 80 - 71



international

note
80
no success

Daniel Baron – All over now

Points: 798,1
Peak: #10
Weeks: 16
Album: It’s time

“All over now” is the first and until today the only single I’ve charted by South African Daniel Baron. This song is the kind of pop rock song I’m often listen too. I personally think that this song should have gained attention outside South Africa.
79
no success

Ben Montague – Never enough

Points: 801,3
Peak: #10
Weeks: 16
Album: Overcome

Ben Montague placed three songs in my Top 100. In 2013 he charted with several songs from his debut album and from the follow up “Tales of flying and falling”. This is the only song from his debut album “Overcome” in the Top 100.
78 #26
#58

Sara Bareilles – Brave

Points: 802,5
Peak: #11
Weeks: 15
Album: The blessed unrest

Since her debut with “Love song” I liked her work. Both albums “Little voice” and “Kaleidoscope heart” did well for me, but as well as Paramore her last album “The blessed unrest” is nothing for me. Only her single “Brave” which is similar to “Uncharted” reached a notable spot with a peak at #11.
77
no success

Lou Bega – Give it up

Points: 806,0
Peak: #15
Weeks: 15
Album: A little bit of 80s

2013 Lou Bega who is best known for his 1990’s smash hit “Mambo No. 5” released a cover album. He covered only songs from the 1980’s. The first single out of this album had been the cover “Give it up” by KC & The Sunshine Band. I’ve heard this song several times before and I can say that this is a very good cover. So far it is the best cover song on my chart.
76 #79
Autumn Hill – Anything at all

Points: 810,7
Peak: #5
Weeks: 16
Album: Favourite mistake

Country music on my chart? Sure there are some artists who had minor hits and back in 2012 Carrie Underwood had a Top 10 track with “Good girl”. Until now the most favourite country band comes Canada. With their debut single “Anything at all” they reached the Top 5 in January. Her best single can be found later in this countdown.
75 #22
9Muses – Wild

Points: 813,7
Peak: #10
Weeks: 15
Album: Wild EP

This year’s highest charting K-Pop song is by Girl band 9Muses. Their dance track “Wild” is the title track from the “Wild EP”. It has been the only K-Pop Top 10 hit in 2013, but at the moment several K-Pop songs including their follow up “Gun” are on their way into the Top 20.
74
no success

77 Bombay Street – Wake me up

Points: 817,3
Peak: #10
Weeks: 15 (still charting)
Album: Oko town

With their debut album the stormed my chart back in 2011. Their 2nd album “Oko town” didn’t as good as this debut album. They had only two Top 10 hits out of this album. One of these is the album track “Wake me up” not confuse with Avicii’s mega hit. The best song out of this album can be found within the Top 50.
73
no success

Ben Montague – Another hard fall

Points: 819,7
Peak: #10
Weeks: 14 (still charting)
Album: Tales of flying and falling

“Another hard fall” has been the 2nd single out of Ben Montague’s 2nd album. This song was officially released back in 2012 and reached on my chart its peak in November 2013. While I absolutely prefer his 2nd album and this is one of my favourite songs from him I’m going with the 1st single “Love like stars” from this album which can be found later on the list.
72 #12
#3
#12
#4

Jessie J – It’s my party

Points: 822,1
Peak: #5
Weeks: 11 (still charting)
Album: Alive

While her 1st single from her 2nd album “Alive” failed to chart “It’s my party” did better. This is a typical fun song with a catchy refrain. Sure it is no 2nd “Domino”, but it's a cool track.
71
no success

Anouk – Kill

Points: 825,9
Peak: #8
Weeks: 14
Album: Sad singalong songs

I’ve written a lot of this special Anouk album. “Kill” is one of the few Top 10 hits out of this album. The best song from her is coming later.

No comments: