Monday 30 December 2013

Year-End Review 2013 - Spots 70 - 61





international

note
70
no success

Gentleman – In my arms

Points: 832,3
Peak: #16
Weeks: 16
Album: New day dawn

There can’t be found a lot of Reggae music on my chart. Only German artist Gentleman has had several hits for me over the last years. “In my arms” was the 2nd single out of his latest album “New day dawn”.
69
no success

Kelly Clarkson – The war is over

Points: 836,1
Peak: #9
Weeks: 16
Album: Stronger

With her album “Stronger” Kelly Clarkson reached a new high for me. “The war is over” is another emotional song by her. This song hasn’t been released as a regular single.
68 #32
#28
#28
#22
#7
#5
#7

Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran – Everything has changed

Points: 838,2
Peak: #8
Weeks: 15
Album: Red

Sure I like some of Taylor Swift’s songs in the past. Releasing her album “Red” produced a lot of Top 10 hits for me. Her duet with Ed Sheeran peaked at #8 and is one of those songs beside “I knew you were trouble.” or “We are never ever getting back together” which will always a favourite song from her for me.
67 #10
#10
#34
#56

Maroon 5 – Love somebody

Points: 841,0
Peak: #9
Weeks: 15
Album: Overexposed

In the past I was no big fan of the music by Maroon 5 and this fact only changed a little bit this year. One of the bands biggest hit in 2013 has been “Daylight”. This song only ended at #122 in this review. Their biggest hit is “Love somebody” which is their first Top 10 hit.
66
no success


Hinder – Should have known better

Points: 842,4
Peak: #8
Weeks: 17
Album: Welcome to the freakshow

For the 2nd time Hinder debuted with a song on my chart. “Should have known better” is a very good rock song and unfolded its charm late. It took a while, but this song reached the Top 10 in August.
65 #26
Natália Kelly – Shine

Points: 842,7
Peak: #9
Weeks: 19
Album: Natália Kelly

In 2013 a young girl from the USA participated in the Eurovision Song Contest for Austria. Natália Kelly is originally from Hartford, Connecticut but now living in Bad Vöslau. When I first heard the song I wasn’t excited that this song is representing Austria, but like “Should have known better” by Hinder this song grow on me and reached the Top 10 just before the Eurovision Song Contest.
64 #3
Emma – Amami

Points: 843,5
Peak: #8
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: Schiena

In Italy Emma is a big star. “Amami” was the first single out of her 3rd album “Schiena”. It is a good song, but on my chart this song is standing in the shadow of her smash hit “L’amore non mi basta” which was the first #1 which missed the Top 100 and her other #1 hit out of this album.
63 #6
#3
#5
#21
#28
#4
#8
#2
#1
#1

Bastille – Pompeii

Points: 843,7
Peak: #9
Weeks: 16
Album: Bad blood

I noted Bastille for the first time in 2011 when “Icarus” and “Flaws” were little Indie hits in Austria. Two years later Bastille had his breakout in UK. Their biggest hit “Pompeii” reached my Top 10 back in June.
62 #89
Luna Simao – Es geht bis zu den Wolken

Points: 846,1
Peak: #3
Weeks: 10 (still charting)
Album: Es geht bis zu den Wolken EP

At the end of September she participated in Stefan Raab’s show “Bundesvision Song Contest” where she finished 6th. “Es geht bis zu den Wolken” is a fresh new song for a German Pop song and reached very fast my Top 3.
61
no success

Satin Circus – If you love me

Points: 848,5
Peak: #1
Weeks: 8 (still charting)
Album: -

Before summer 2013 I checked out a new song by a boy band from Finland. Their name was Satin Circus and their song was “Emma”. This song is reaching a top spot in this year’s countdown, but more later. Their 2nd single also reached very fast the #1 on my chart. Unfortunately there was a stronger song out there so they only stayed for one week at the top with this song.

No comments: