Thursday 31 December 2015

Year-End Review 2015 - 100 - 91

100 – 91



international
note
100 no success
Aubrey Peeples – Gonna get even

Points: 739.6
Peak: #9 (still charting)
Weeks: 11
Album: -

In autumn I watched the 2nd season of Nashville. One of the new characters is Layla Grant by Aubrey Peeples. Aubrey Peeples role isn’t as big as others, but with her 1st hit (in the show “Gonna get even” is a cover) she managed something the top stars of the show failed until today. “Gonna get even” is the 1st song which reached the Top 10 and a 2nd (“Tell me”) is on its way to repeat this success on my chart.
99
no success

MisterWives – Not your way

Points: 741.1
Peak: #10
Weeks: 15
Album: Our own house

Back in March I gave several albums a shot and in the end I bought two albums. One of these albums is “Our own house” by alternative band MisterWives. I really enjoy the album and one of the album songs and non-regular single I charted so far is “Not your way”. Although it reached the Top 10 it isn’t their highest ranked song in this countdown.
98 #40
Stefanie Heinzmann – On fire

Points: 746.7
Peak: #22
Weeks: 17 (still charting)
Album: Chance of rain

Stefanie Heinzmann is definitely since her start in a casting show a look worth. On my chart her latest single “On fire” is maybe one of the most underrated songs. It only climbed up to #22 in its 17 weeks run, but in the end it outperformed some songs which reached my Top 10 due to its long activity. “On fire” is a beautiful ballad and it is sad to see that this song had only success in Switzerland.
97
#63

Alyssa Reid feat. The Heist - Dangerous

Points: 752.7
Peak: #22
Weeks: 16
Album: Lightning EP

This is the 4th song by Alyssa Reid which reached my chart. Back in 2014 she was featured on Virginia To Vegas' track called “We are stars”. This song peaked higher on my chart than “Dangerous”. "Dangerous" has a really infectious refrain which helped to get a longer activity on my chart. In the end “Dangerous” is her first song which reached my year-end Top 100.
96 no success
Broods – Everytime

Points: 754.1
Peak: #1 (year-end #22 in 2014)
Weeks: 33
Album: Evergreen

The first chart entry by New Zealand act Broods which reach my chart and went all the way up to #1 back in November 2014. “Everytime” was a promotional single which never reached the charts, but due to its perfect refrain and its split record it can be found in my year-end Top 100 of 2015 too.
95
#4
#4
#10
#4

Anna Naklab feat. Alle Farben & Younotus – Supergirl

Points: 755.7
Peak: #21
Weeks: 16
Album:

When I think about “Supergirl” I’ve the last days of school in my head before I graduated (Oh god how long are these days gone!). Originally released by Irish-German band Reamonn it was one of the hits back in 2000, but I can’t remember if this song reached my Top 10 in these days. Let’s move forward to 2015. A young German DJ Team and a young German singer teamed up a refreshed the sound of this hit and landed one of the hits of 2015. On my chart “Supergirl” just missed the Top 20, but this song found its way into this review and is so one of the highest ranked covers in history.
94no success
MisterWives – Reflections

Points: 757.1
Peak: #18
Weeks: 18
Album: Our own way

“Reflections” is MisterWives first hit in the US alternative and rock charts. I lasted some time before I really gave this song a chance and then I even bought the album. Although “Reflections” never reached my Top 10 it had been one of the most successful songs on my chart by them.
93
no success

Hilary Duff – My kind

Points: 762.6
Peak: #18
Weeks: 14
Album: Breath in. Breathe out.

Since her monster hit “All about you” every song by her is automatically compared with her only #1 on my chart. “My kind” is a solid and good song by her, but “My kind” had no chance to get a peak as high or near to it as “All about you”. So her 2nd Top 100 entry in my year-end charts is ranked lower than you’d have expected.
92no success
Kate Voegele – Oh la la

Points: 763.5
Peak: #10
Weeks: 17
Album: Wild Card EP

Here comeback EP was long awaited. And it didn’t disappointed. “Oh la la” started very slow on my chart, but peaked higher with every week to go. In the end it reached a spot in my Top 10 for a single week. I really like her songs since I was first introduced into her “Gravity” album and since these times she is a regular guest in my Top 10. “Oh la la” isn’t her only song in this countdown. “Carousel” reached #1 and will be found later.
91 #42
#14

Katy Tiz – (whistle while you work it)

Points: 767
Peak: #24
Weeks: 17
Album: -

This song works perfectly for driving home after teaching in our night school. Nobody is on the street and I can sing along this super catchy refrain in my car. I mean no one will think that I’m crazy, because I’ve no passenger in my car I’m talking with (I've really done it back in spring). I hope that Katy Tiz will release another tune in the near future.

No comments: