Friday 1 January 2016

Year-End Review 2015 - 90 - 81

90 – 81




international

note
90no success
Wise Guys – Teufelskreis

Points: 772.2
Peak: #18
Weeks: 15
Album: Läuft bei euch

This song is from a genre which hardly can be found on my chart. Teufelskreis are a German acapella band and “Teufelskreis” (“Vicious circle”) is the bands first ever chart hit. The lyrics are really clever and it is sad that most of you don’t understand what they are singing about. I love this song about a guy who isn’t able to speak to his dream girl.
89 #5
The Veronicas – If you love someone

Points: 773.1
Peak: #11
Weeks: 16
Album: The Veronicas

Late in 2014 The Veronicas released their single “If you love someone”. By the start of January they reached my Top 20 and climbed up until #11. A Top 10 spot was refused, but this song was strong enough to outperform songs which reached this part of my chart. Until now this is their highest year-end hit.
88no success
Count Basic feat. Kelli Sae – The City

Points: 773.7
Peak: #11
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: Sweet Spot

The Austrian band Count Basic celebrated the 20th anniversary. “The City” was chosen to celebrate this anniversary. In Austria, as usually, this song didn’t chart, but on my chart “The City” easily reached a spot within the Top 20. It was a tough decision not to let them enter the Top 10, but in the end they reached a good spot in this review.
87no success
Madi Diaz – The first time

Points: 783.9
Peak: #5
Weeks: 11 (still charting)
Album: Phantom

Back in Autumn 2014 I discovered Madi Diaz beautiful “Stay together” which later reached my #1. This year she has four songs in my Top 100. “The first time” is the first song by her in this part. This song is another beautiful electronic pop song by her and reached #5 in December 2015.
86no success
La Goassn – Mehr Mehr Mehr

Points: 789.9
Peak: #22
Weeks: 16
Album: La Goassn

I’m not really a fan of the genre “Volksmusik”. Last year Austrian band Poxrucker Sisters reached a spot within my Top 100 of the year and this year the German-Austrian band La Goassn managed to follow up “Glick” (“Luck”) by Poxrucker Sisters. “Mehr mehr mehr” (“More more more”) has done very well to catch my attention and they are no One-Hit-Wonder as the Poxrucker Sisters as the are charting with the B-side of “Mehr mehr mehr” at the moment.
85 #5 (Wallonia)
#1 (Flanders)
#9
#53

Selah Sue – Alone

Points: 791.3
Peak: #7
Weeks: 19
Album: Reason

In generally “Alone” by Belgian singer Selah Sue received positive critics. It was awaited that “Alone” will be her world wide breakout. Since these predictions a year is gone and she had only minor success outside her home country. On my chart “Alone reached the Top 10 and peaked at #7. I’m sorry to say, but this song is the only one until now I charted and I’m not sure if I will ever chart her again.
84no success
MisterWives – Best I can do

Points: 800.3
Peak: #6
Weeks: 12 (still charting)
Album: Our own house

MisterWives came out of nothing this year. I bought their debut album which loved from the first second I listened to it. “Best I can do” is one of handful songs by this newcomer band in my review. This song recently peaked in the Top 10 and is a sure shot for one of my favourite songs by this band.
83no success
Taylor Swift – I wish you would

Points: 829.5
Peak: #11
Weeks: 17
Album: 1989

Looking for a song by Taylor Swift which never charted in the past few years you’ve to think long and hard about, because of the fact that nearly every track from her albums is charting immediately after the release. “I wish you would” is one of these songs which never found its way into the charts, but on my personal chart it nearly reached the Top 10 and peaked at #11. “I wish you would” is the 1st of seven songs from her within the Top 100.
82no success
Kelly Clarkson – Piece by piece

Points: 835.0
Peak: #15
Weeks: 16
Album: Piece by piece

Album flop or not with the title track of her latest album Kelly Clarkson released a pearl as a promotional single. Since November this song is an official single too, but it seems that this single is going the same why as “Invicible” which never charted. On my chart “Piece by piece” failed to reach the Top 10, but a Top 20 position isn’t bad as long as you’re not Kelly Clarkson.
81 #58
#66
#48
#6
#6
#33
#81

Selena Gomez – Same old love

Points: 845.0
Peak: #6
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: Revival

“The heart wants what it wants” marked a change in the musical style by Selena Gomez. Personally I like the direction she is going in the moment – last week I bought her new album –, but I don’t know if I like her song when she is doing more R&B, because I’m not really a fan of this kind of music. Back to the topic. “Same old love” is in my opinion a very good song which lives from the sound I’m attracted to. This song easily reached the Top 10, but failed to bring her one more #1 on my chart.

No comments: