Sunday 17 January 2016

Year-End Review 2015 - 3 - 1

3 – 1




international

note
3 #53
#48
#52
#6
#6
#33
#19
#30
#22
#60

Selena Gomez – The heart wants what it wants

Points: 2484.3
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 38
Album: For you
Chart Debut: November 14, 2014
First week at #1: January 10, 2015
Writer(s): Antonina Armato, Tim James, Selena Gomez, David Jost
Producer(s): Rock Mafia

Last year’s Top 3 motto had been “Love isn’t enough”. This year sees nearly the same theme. The Top 3 is opened by Selena Gomez. “The heart wants what it wants” was the single from her compilation album “For you”. With “The heart wants what it wants” Selena Gomez shows that she is willing to go into a different kind of music than before. Although “Come & get it” and more “Slow down” did well for me too this song lifted her to new heights on my chart. “The heart wants what it wants” stayed for 20 weeks in my Top 10 which is the 2nd best value this year and 14 of these weeks were in my Top 5. At the moment I like this change in musical style and you’ll find more songs from her album “Revival” on my chart. To be honest I’m not a big fan of R&B and if she goes more in this direction you’ll hardly find her on my chart, but in 2016 she should’ve a good year too.
2
no success


Satin Circus – Crossroads

Points: 2500.6
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 32
Album: -
Chart Debut: January 24, 2015
First week at #1: March 14, 2015
Writer(s): Patric Sarin, Julia Fabrin, Joonas Angeria, Olli Halonen, Kristian Westerling, Axel Kalland, Paul Uotila
Producer(s): J.M.A, Patric Sarin

At #3 I wrote that Selena Gomez changed her musical style. The same did the Finnish band Satin Circus. In 2013 their hymn to Emma Watson “Emma” reached #1 on my chart and #5 in my year-end of 2013. If you listen to this song you can definitely compare it with the early sound by One Direction of “What makes you beautiful”. “Crossroads” their song for the qualification round for the Eurovision in Vienna is completely different. You can compare it best with Mumford & Sons - a band which only had one minor hit for me. “Crossroads” is a fantastic song and I was really disappointed that they didn’t win the qualification round. But that’s no problem in times with internet. On my chart this song easily reached #1 and stayed in the Top 10 for 17 weeks.
1 #57
Leslie Clio – My heart ain’t that broken

Points: 3604.9
Peak: #1 (7 weeks)
Weeks: 40 (still charting)
Album: Eureka
Chart Debut: March 28, 2015
First week at #1: April 25, 2015
Writer(s): Justin Grey, Leslie Clio
Producer(s): Dimitri Tikovoi

There hasn’t been any doubt which song will be my #1 song of 2015. You’re right if you’d have guessed that it only can be “My heart ain’t that broken” by Leslie Clio. Never before has there been such a point-gab between my #1 and my #2 song. More than 1100 points distance says more than enough how this song “destroyed” the competition. “My heart ain’t that broken” had been the only song which stayed more than five weeks at the top in 2015 and it spent 21 weeks in my Top 10 and thereof 17 weeks in my Top 5. In a total only two songs have gained more points than this song. I think this short summery of hard facts shows how much I love this song. The song’s easiness brought this song about a break up into my top position and at the moment there is no end of the domination by Leslie Clio in sight. Maybe we’ll find out that 2016 will also be her year.

No comments: