Monday 4 January 2016

Year-End Review 2015 - 70 - 61

70 – 61




international

note
70no success
Madi Diaz – Dancing in the dark

Points: 889.2
Peak: #8
Weeks: 16
Album: Phantom

For the 2nd time I can present you a song by Madi Diaz. “Dancing in the dark” is a beautiful song about an obsession to someone special. I like the beat of that song and in my opinion she should release this song to the radio. Maybe then she is getting some attention.
69 #92
#99

Taylor Swift – All you had to do was stay

Points: 889.6
Peak: #10
Weeks: 17
Album: 1989

Once more in this countdown Taylor Swift. This time with the non-album song “All you had to do was stay”. I wish it was all that easy. For me this song worked very good and reached during the summer a spot in the Top 10. “All you had to do was stay” is no “Wildest dreams”, but is another perfect song by Taylor Swift.
68no success
Anouk – Places to go

Points: 890.9
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 37
Album: Paradise and back again

Back in 2014 this song debuted in my Top 10. In the end it reached #16 in my last year’s review. This year she was strong enough to return to the countdown. Her total points would have given her a Top 10 spot, but the split record leads her to this spot in the year-end of 2015.
67no success
Kate Voegele – When I’m gone

Points: 894.2
Peak: #9
Weeks: 17
Album: Wild Card EP

The first time I listened to this song I had to say that I really love this song. Only strong concurrence when I charted this song prevented “When I’m gone” to go all the way up to #1. “When I’m gone” is a cover of Anna Kendricks’ 2013’s smash “Cup’s (When I’m gone)” which I never charted.
66no success
Granada – Palmen am Balkon

Points: 907.0
Peak: #10
Weeks: 16
Album: -

“Palmen am Balkon” is the summer gem from Austria. Granda is the new project by Austrian Effi who had no charting hit before. This short song is very funny when you understand German and it deserves this spot in the year-end review. I’m not sure if I’ll ever chart a song by Granada or Effi because he is mostly too alternative for me, but this song was great.
65no success
Zella Day – Hypnotic

Points: 909.2
Peak: #8
Weeks: 16
Album: Kicker

This young American singer got her first chart hit with “1965” which reached #120. With her follow-up she did better and reached my Top 10 by the end of June. I’ve written it before, but once more this song would’ve been a #1 smash when Lana Del Rey would have sung it on her debut album. So it had been a Zella Day song and it will always be a insiders’ tip.
64no success
JoJo – When love hurts

Points: 913.6
Peak: #9
Weeks: 17
Album: III EP

Thinking about JoJo I’ve her last “hit” “Desaster” in my min. This year she came back with her new EP and almost nobody cares. “When love hurts” isn’t as good as “Desaster”, but during October it reached a spot in my Top 10 and now it can be found in this countdown.
63no success
Alanis Morissette – Superstar wonderful weirdos

Points: 922.1
Peak: #4
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: Jagged Little Pill Collector’s Edition

Is there a better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary than with “Superstar wonderful weirdos”? I’ve to say no. This song had a decent start and easily reached my Top 10. “Superstar wonderful weirdos” peaked at #4 and didn’t do as well as some of her songs from “Havoc and bright lights”, but I love this song too!
62no success
Dash Berlin feat. Roxanne Emery – Shelter

Points: 933.0
Peak: #4
Weeks: 17
Album: We are, Pt. 1

“Shelter” is absolutely a song for the winter months. Roxanne Emery’s voice is working very well in this very emotional song. If you don’t know that Dash Berlin is a German DJ you’d not find out when you listen to this song. I’ve a fable for such such songs in the winter time and so it is no surprise that this song reached my Top 10 with a Top 10 debut back in 2014. In 2015 it peaked at #4.
61
no success

Modà feat. Emma – Come in un film

Points: 939.8
Peak: #10
Weeks: 17
Album: Modà 2004 – 2014 L’Originale

In 2014 Emma dominated my chart at will. In 2015 her new songs including “Come in un film” a song where she is featured on a Modà was as good as her past on my chart. Recently I listened to her new album, but I’m not getting warm with it. I hope that will change, else her domination is definitely stopped.

No comments: