Friday 8 January 2016

Year-End Review 2015 - 40 - 31

40 – 31




international

note
40 #13
Emma – Occhi profondi

Points: 1116.6
Peak: #6
Weeks: 17
Album: Adesso

This has been the first single from the new Emma album “Adesso”. “Occhi profondi” (“Deep eyes”) is a solid Top 10 hit for Emma. In the long run it was clear that she had no chance to reach my #1 with this song which is a little bit disappointing after hit as “L’amore non mi basta”.
39 #36
Fettes Brot – Von der LiebePoints: 1120.2
Peak: #8
Weeks: 20
Album: Teenager vom Mars

In the past years the spot #39 was reserved for the Goo Goo Dolls. For the first time in years #39 goes to another band. German band Fettes Brot released during the summer their new single “Von der Liebe” (“From love”). This is a great song about the fact that others don’t understand the love between a couple. As I mentioned in one of my chart reviews this song could be a great title track for the TV series “You’re the worst”. In the past Fettes Brot had some hits for me, but with “Von der Liebe” they returned after a long run of misses.
38
no success

Madi Diaz – Tomorrow

Points: 1120.4
Peak: #8
Weeks: 22
Album: Phantom

The 2nd highest chart rank by Madi Diaz is “Tomorrow”. This is one of the songs I noticed with the first listen from her album “Phantom”. It was a clear shot for a Top 10 hit although the song itself only peaked at #8. For me this is an electronic pop song at its best.
37 #68
Chic feat. Nile Rodgers – I’ll be there

Points: 1178.4
Peak: #5
Weeks: 18
Album: -

Chic had its best time in the 1970’s. Most of their hits had been disco anthems. And that I’m not a big fan of this genre is clear since I never chart Bruno Mars’ “Uptown funk”. I don’t know why things are different with “I’ll be there”. Every time I’m listening to this song I’m starting to tap one’s toes. Although “I’ll be there” debuted at #9 it never reached my Top 3, but all in all it did very well in 2015.
36 #76
#28
#6
#6
#8
#11
#21
#9
#38

Taylor Swift – Style

Points: 1184.0
Peak: #8
Weeks: 22
Album: 1989

If you’re speaking about songs by Taylor Swift released in 2015 you can’t forget “Style”. This is a decent track, but in my eyes this song is trying a little bit too hard to bring over the massage. That’s why this song didn’t peaked within my Top 5.
35
no success

Laura Tesoro – Funky love

Points: 1189.1
Peak: #7
Weeks: 21
Album: -

This is the first entry by young Belgian singer Laura Tesoro. The first words in this song are “Oh, no”. Not a good sign I know, but I really love this funky beat, her voice and the singalong refrain. “Funky love” had been her 2nd single in her short career and if she could hold this level she should be seen in my chart soon.
34 #1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1

Adele – Hello

Points: 1232.2
Peak: #1 (6 weeks)
Weeks: 9
Album: 25

“Hello” spent only nine weeks on my chart and it all ends with #34. Six of this nine weeks Adele top with “Hello” my chart. So it is no wonder that this song reached a spot in my Top 40. This song is definitely the most successful international charting hit that can be found on my chart. Nearly everywhere it went to #1 and Adele proofed once more that she is an amazing singer.
33 #51
#59
#84
#171

Taylor Swift – Wonderland

Points: 1248.9
Peak: #6
Weeks: 21
Album: 1989

This song with the “Alice in Wonderland” touch is among the most successful songs by Taylor Swift from her “1989” album. It had been released as a promotional track and reached my Top 10 in May. Later in June it peaked at #6. It’s another typical love song by her and in my eyes it would have been a better choice for a regular single than her actual one “Out of the woods” which didn’t worked as well for me.
32
no success

Noonie Bao - Pyramids

Points: 1264.5
Peak: #2
Weeks: 17 (still charting)
Album: Noonia EP

Do you know Noonie Bao? I’ve done before her monster hit “Pyramids”, but she had only minor success. “Pyramids” is a very cool song. Most I like is the line “And now I'm on the top of the pyramids, unwind And I'm never gonna come back down”. I’m amazed that this beautiful song from this Swedish singer hasn’t even entered the chart in her home country. But does it matter? I think no! Maybe “Pyramids” will be discovered later as my 2011 Top 10 hit “Safe and sound” by Capital Cities did which was big in 2013.
31 #14
#3
#3
#3
#3
#13

Tove Lo – Habits (stay high)

Points: 1278.7
Peak: #8
Weeks: 24
Album: Queen of the clouds

This song was a late burner for me. In Austria “Habits” reached the charts for the first time in June 2014, but it was not until November when “Habits” reached the Top 10. It took one more month before I decided to chart this song. In the meanwhile it had been a Top 3 hit in Austria. But was the big hit in sight for me? Absolutely no, because “Habits” debuted at #95. It took this song until March when it reached a Top 10 spot on my chart. Its long activity – 24 weeks for a song which peaked at #8 is a record! – helped her to reach #30 in the year-end of 2015.

No comments: