Friday 8 January 2016

Year-End Review 2015 - 30 - 21

30 – 21




international

note
30 #26
#10
#40

Christina Stürmer – Was wirklich bleibt

Points: 1320.3
Peak: #4
Weeks: 21
Album: Gestern. Heute. – Best of

Befitting Christina Stürmer celebrated her “Best of”-album with her latest hit single “Was wirklich bleibt” (“What really remains”). This song is one of her thoughtful songs. First I wasn’t sure if this song will reach my chart, but with every week I played this song more and more. Finally it peaked at #4 in July. Once more Christina Stürmer did well and it is absolutely imaginable that she will return strong in 2016 if she is releasing a new album.
29
no success

Marla Blumenblatt – Sag einfach ja

Points: 1346.8
Peak: #4
Weeks: 21
Album: Sag einfach ja EP

Now we are in a region of my review where Austria rules! In at #29 is Marla Blumenblatt. Following this countdown you’ve read that she had a minor year-end Top 100 hit with “Großstadtcowboys” with Eko Fresh. It’s a happy as a lark sound (and video) which this song widespread. This song “Sag einfach ja” (“Say just yes”) about the first step into a relationship could mark a new trend in Austrian music, but maybe it’s only me who is seeing so. It is a simple song, but it had definitely more hit potential outside my personal Top 100 than it gained.
28 #71
#8
#68
#1

Elina Born feat. Stig Rästa – Goodbye to yesterday

Points: 1346.8
Peak: #4
Weeks: 21
Album: Elina Born

Every year the Eurovision Song contest is producing at least one hit. This year’s favourite comes from Estonia. The best charting duet is the melancholic “Goodbye to yesterday”. It only reached #7 in Vienna, but this song was the furtive winner of this year’s contest. On my chart “Goodbye to yesterday” reached in the weeks after the event its peak at #4. I’m sure this is one of the most remarkable songs of this event which not won.
27 #13
#41 (Wallonia)

Cœur de Pirate – Oublie-moi

Points: 1372.6
Peak: #4
Weeks: 19
Album: Roses

On her latest regular album their can be found also songs in English. Her first single out of this album had been “Oublie-moi” (“Carry on”). Personally I think that isn’t a good decision to sing in English, but it is good that there is a French version of this song too. “Oublie-moi” had everything to reach my #1 which would have been her first on my chart. During listening to her debut album I had no personal chart and her 2nd album “Blonde” produced some Top 10 hits, but no #1. Unfortunately this song peaked outside the Top 3, but is definitely a strong and nearly perfect song.
26
#60
#36
#20
#5

Tori Kelly – Nobody love

Points: 1377.6
Peak: #4
Weeks: 23
Album: Unbreakable smile

The first time when Tori Kelly reached my chart was when she was featured on a Professor Green track. In 2015 she debuted solo with the single “Nobody love”. It was a long way from her unsuccessful trials to release such a strong song. Maybe too strong for her other songs on her debut album, because all her other singles didn’t as well as this particular song for me.
25 #22
#91

Jessie Ware – Say you love me

Points: 1389.8
Peak: #5
Weeks: 21
Album: Tough love

A song by Jessie Ware on my chart? Actually, unthinkable until 2015. Since her debut she produced more songs which never reached my chart than I can count. Then I realised how beautiful “Say you love me” is. On January 17th this song debuted at #17 and it climbed up to #5 where this song peaked for three consecutive weeks. It is a nice pearl which I’d have regret not to chart.
24 #3
Wanda – Bussi Baby

Points: 1414.6
Peak: #5
Weeks: 20
Album: Bussi

This is the 3rd song by an Austrian artist in this part of my review. Austrian alternative rock band Wanda had its breakthrough in 2015. In August they released their first single “Bussi baby” of their 2nd album and with this song they reached #3 in Austria and #5 on my chart. “Bussi Baby” is a very, very simple song. The title is repeated more than 70 times, but it worked well. Here in Austria we will definitely hear more by this band and I’m sure that they will’ve some hits in Germany and Switzerland too.
23
no success

Madi Diaz – Stay together

Points: 1454.7
Peak: #1 (3 weeks, #50 in 2014)
Weeks: 34
Album: Phantom

Late in 2014 I discovered Madi Diaz. Short after she debuted with her single “Stay together”. By November “Stay together” was my #1 song of the week and due to its strong run it had a good year-end position too. “Stay together” ’s run on my chart lasted until mid June and this split chart record prevented this song for reaching a Top 10 position in this countdown.
22
no success

Leslie Clio - Eureka

Points: 1475.2
Peak: #1 (2)
Weeks: 15 (still charting)
Album: Eureka

Now you find the first song by my artist of the year within the Top 100. “Eureka” is the title track of her 2nd album and maybe the most unexpected so far. I took her 13 weeks to reach #1, but it was worth it. In a changed version this song was the title song of the short lived soap opera “Mila”.
21 #1
#1
#1
#3
#3
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1

Ellie Goulding – Love me like you do

Points: 1565.6
Peak: #3
Weeks: 23
Album: Soundtrack: Fifty Shades of Grey

Hit or miss describes my musical relationship with Ellie Goulding best. Beside her hit “Burn” she can hardly be found on my chart. In 2015 she returned stronger than ever. “Love me like you do” debuted in January and reached its peak in March. It is a perfect track and the highest charting song from a soundtrack so far.

No comments: