Thursday 14 January 2016

Year-End Review 2015 - 20 - 11

20 – 11



international
note
20 #30
Krautschädl – FeiH fonga
Points: 1580.5
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 14 (still charting)
Album: Immer mit da Ruhe

What a single by Austrian Krautschädl. This summer they returned with a catchy song from their latest album “Immer mit da Ruhe” (“Always with tranquillity”). With the first listen I knew that this song is a #1. Later “Feiah fonga” (“Catching fire”) peaked at #1 for three weeks. It maybe would’ve been a longer run a the top, but “Feiah fonga” was stopped by Adele.
19 #171
Matt Cardle – Hit my heart

Points: 1626.6
Peak: #1 (2 weeks in 2014, 1 in 2015)
Weeks: 33
Album: Porcelain

Last year “Hit my heart” reached #91 in my year-end review with only seven weeks on my chart. In 2015 “Hit my heart” had 26 charting weeks and therefore this song sprinted up to #19. This song is one of his fastest climbing songs by him, because it reached #1 its 7th week on chart. This is far his best song from his “Porcelain” album and I hope that he will release his next album soon.
18
no success

Kelly Clarkson – Someone

Points: 1653.5
Peak: #2
Weeks: 22 (still charting)
Album: Piece by piece

This is the penultimate time that you find Kelly Clarkson in this countdown. Following my chart you know that she never had reached my year-end Top 10 and unfortunately “Someone” which is for me beside “Heartbeat song” her best song on the album is following in the footsteps of her biggest charting hits. For two weeks “Someone” peaked at #2 and it stayed nine weeks in my Top 10. After 22 weeks this song is still charting and maybe this is one of the rare songs which never reached #1 and spent a half year on my chart. Keep your fingers crossed that her last appearance in this review will reach the year-end Top 10.
17 #29
#22
#28
#1
#1
#1
#1
#4
#1
#8

Taylor Swift – Bad blood

Points: 1667.0
Peak: #2
Weeks: 23
Album: 1989

As “Someone” by Kelly Clarkson “Bad blood” by Taylor Swift never peaked at #1 and it stayed for nine weeks in my Top 10. This song about the betrayal of a close friend is one of her most successful songs from her “1989” album. I personally prefer the album version without Kendrick Lamar (on the international charts this version reached notable spots) which means that I never charted the version with Kendrick Lamar.
16
no success

Jillette Johnson – 17

Points: 1800.7
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 28
Album: Water in a whale

Back in 2014 Jillette Johnson had several songs in my year-end Top 100. In 2015 it was quite calm around her, because of the fact that she hadn’t released a new album. In December 2013 with “17” another album cut reached my chart and as predicted it reached #1 in February, but “17” only peaked there for one week. Once more she had done well with an emotional song by her. I’m looking forward to hear more from her in 2016.
15
no success

New Motion – Anyway

Points: 1851.9
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 24
Album: Anyway EP

With their first single British indie pop act New Motion shot straight into my heart. “Anyway” has the best of the 80’s music in it and should definitely have gained more attention. I like best the refrain which is starting with “I never wanted you anyway When you were mine I wasted my time”. Although “Anyway”’s chart run lasted only 24 weeks this song will always remain me to 2015.
14 #3
#33
#12

Charley Ann Schmutzler – Blue heart

Points: 1871.7
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 27
Album: To your bones

Charley Ann Schmutzler won the German version of The Voice back in December 2014. Her winning single debuted at #5 and reached #1 by 31st January. It was definitely one of the most promising winning single of this TV-show. I like her voice, the arrangement and the lyrics of the song, but unfortunately her debut album didn’t met the expectation of this single.
13 #1
#2
#7

Cro – Bye bye

Points: 2086.7
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 26 (still charting)
Album: MTV Unplugged

“Bye bye” is Cro’s highest charting hit up-to-now. For the first time he reached my #1 although it took Cro 13 weeks to reach the summit. This song about missed first chances in love is his most beautiful song in my opinion. Most of the time his songs are big misses for me as his actual single “Melodie” (“Melody”), but with “Bye bye” he is showing how talented he is and that his no typical rapper.
12 #18
Broods – Four walls

Points: 2096.7
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 30 (still charting)
Album: Evergreen

Earlier in this review you found out that her 2013 smash hit “Everytime” also reached a spot in this year’s Top 100 and that this song wasn’t the bands highest charting hit in 2015. In July their latest single form their album “Evergreen” reached my #1 where it peaked for two weeks. “Four walls” is one of the songs which are all about the voice of the singer which mostly reach top spots in the winter period. But here I had no other choice than to bring this beautiful song to #1.
11
no success

Leslie Clio – All the other fools

Points: 2111.0
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 23 (still charting)
Album: Eureka

“All the other fools” is the last song before I start with my year-end Top 10. Never before a song with more than 2100 points missed my Top 10, so it is sad to write that Leslie Clio is the first singer to do so. “All the other fools” had been the 2nd promotional single from her 2nd album “Eureka” which peaked at #1 for two weeks in September.

No comments: