Thursday 7 January 2016

Year-End Review 2015 - 50 - 41

50 – 41




international

note
50 #52
#42
#88
#46
#16
#34
#37
#31

Florence + The Machine – What kind of man

Points: 1022.2
Peak: #10
Weeks: 21
Album: How big, how blue, how beautiful

What is this? A Florence + The Machine song is at #50! How can this happen? Most of their singles never found their way on my chart. And when there is a song by them (or should I say her?) they are landing in the lower part of my chart. “What kind of man” was different from the first listen. I really like the intro to this song which is so different to rest of the song. This part is quite calm if compared to the rest of the song. This is definitely the best song by Florence + The Machine.
49 #91
#20

Hilary Duff – All about you

Points: 1023.2
Peak: #1 (5 weeks, #9 in 2014)
Weeks: 40
Album: Breathe in. Breathe out.

Last year “All about you” was the only song in my year-end chart Top 10 that spent less than 20 weeks on chart. In total this song spent 40 weeks (23 weeks in 2015) on my chart. This is a very big comeback for a singer who had been out of my mind and whose hits had been “So yesterday”. What if this song had no split record? Well I can tell you that this song would’ve been #5 in 2014 or #2 in 2015. But split records can’t changed.
48 #21
#5
#4
#3
#8
#40
#9
#39

Taylor Swift – Wildest dreams

Points: 1033.7
Peak: #3
Weeks: 12 (still charting)
Album: 1989

Most of you will think: “No, not again a Taylor Swift song!" This time it is “Wildest dreams”. Not long ago in November this song peaked at #3 and “Wildest dreams” is still in my Top 5. In the long run her album “1989” is producing hits as well as her album “Red”. You can’t really compare this albums, but “Wildest dreams” is among my favourites by her.
47 #10
Anouk feat. Douwe Bob – Hold me

Points: 1053.5
Peak: #9
Weeks: 21
Album: Paradise and back again

For the first time in this countdown you can find a song by Anouk. This time she is featuring the unknown singer Douwe Bob from the Netherlands. This duet worked well for me as expected, but it peaked low in my Top 10. Maybe this beautiful song was too soft? Where are her rock times? Maybe her next album will be more rock than her previous albums.
46
no success

Krautschädl – Da Sommla

Points: 1057.0
Peak: #7
Weeks: 17
Album: Immer mit da Ruhe

Some years ago Krautschädl reached my year-end Top 10 with their song “Khoids Wossa”. This year they are back with two songs. “Da Sommla” is their first song in this countdown. It had been the perfect song for a perfect summer. Unfortunately they had two hits this year I think that their album isn’t as good as these two singles.
45
no success

Cold War Kids – All this could be yours

Points: 1081.5
Peak: #9
Weeks: 20
Album: Hold my home

Early in 2015 I bought my first album by Cold War Kids because of two songs, but I’ve to say I like this album although most of their charting songs had been outside my Top 50. Their first big hit on my chart was “All this could be yours”. It easily reached my Top 10 where it peaked at #9. Preparing this review I’m always looking if the songs I charted had some international success. Very often I’ve to say to there is no success. I can’t believe that Cold War Kids had no US hit so far, although “All this could be yours” reached #36 in the US-Alternative chart.
44 #64
#108

Chvrches – Leave a trace

Points: 1092.0
Peak: #6
Weeks: 17
Album: Every eye open

This electronic pop band from Scotland hadn’t been very successful on my chart until this year. With their 1st single from their 2nd album “Every eye open” they had a very good start with a Top 20 debut. “Leave a trace” climbed up to #6 and I’m sure I will chart some more songs by them in the future.
43
no success

Anouk – She is beautiful

Points: 1103.21
Peak: #6
Weeks: 17
Album: Paradise and back again

At #47 Anouk had been the first time in this countdown. Her she is again with another Top 10 hit. “She is beautiful” is a song about a girl standing in the corner and nobody sees how beautiful she is. This is one of the songs why I love songs by Anouk and once more it is sad that this song was no #1 on my chart.
42 #105
#72
#38

Cold War Kids – First

Points: 1103.24
Peak: #5
Weeks: 19
Album: Hold my home

Some spots before I wrote the first time about Cold War Kids. At #42 you can find her 2nd Top 100 entry. “First” is maybe their best track so far. It started a little bit slow on my chart, but it reached my Top 10 by the end of July. Why could’ve the audience overseen this pearl? I don’t really know, but “First” is a great song and should’ve done outside my personal chart better than it did.
41 #100
#12
#14
#26
#13
#16

Tove Lo – Talking body

Points: 1111.7
Peak: #6
Weeks: 18
Album: Queen of the clouds

This part of the countdown is ending with Tove Lo. “Talking body” was a big hit in the USA and Canada before it had some attention in Europe too. As I wrote earlier in this countdown this isn’t her highest charting song on my chart. This pop song easily reached my Top 10 and stayed there for five weeks.

No comments: