Wednesday 22 February 2017

Year-End Review 2016 - 6 - 4

6 – 4


international

note

6 #54
#62
#97
#140
#61

Gwen Stefani – Make me like you

Points: 2360.4
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 30
Album: This is what the truth feels like
Chart Debut: February 20, 2016
First week at #1: April 02, 2016
Writer(s): Gwen Stefani, Justin Tranter, Julia Michaels, Mattias Larsson, Robin Frederiksson
Producer(s): Mattias Larsson, Robin Frederiksson

The first artist who isn’t Adele or Anouk in my Top 10 is another female singer. “Make me like you” is by Gwen Stefani who isn’t standing for success on my chart since I re-started charting back in 2011. But with this particular song I fell in love with the very first listen. In its 4th week on chart it reached my Top 10 and three weeks later it topped my chart. This song stayed for a total of 13 weeks within my Top 10 and is her first appearance within my year-end Top 10.
5
no success

Anouk – Wanna little something

Points: 2360.9
Peak: #1 (4 weeks)
Weeks: 22 (still charting)
Album: Queen for a day
Chart Debut August 6, 2016
First week at #1: August 6, 2016
Writer(s): Anouk Teeuwe, Tobias Karlsson
Producer(s): Anouk Teeuwe, Tobias Karlsson

Let’s do a little recap. Adele is out for the #1 spot, because her highest peak within this review is at #7. And now this is the last entry by Anouk at #5. “Wanna little something” debuted at #1 and stayed there for four weeks. It has been an amazing year for my favourite artist with several #1's and dominating with three in a row, but Anouk failed once more to reach my year-end #1 spot. So this leaves only one of my three dominating acts which is Leslie Clio who topped my year-end back in 2015. Will she top it back to back? I’ll give you the answer very soon, but not in this post.
4
no success

Transviolet – New bohemia

Points: 2411.6
Peak: #1 (4 weeks)
Weeks: 33 weeks
Album: Transviolet EP
Chart Debut December 26, 2016
First week at #1: February 13, 2016
Writer(s): Alex Reid, Sarah McTaggert
Producer(s): Adrian Guvitz

In 2015 the US electro pop band Transviolet had some minor hits on my chart. And then in the very last week of December they debuted with “New bohemia”. Nothing indicated that they have a song in the pocket that will be the bands breakthrough on my chart. But “New bohemia” had written hit all over it. The chart run started a little bit low at #33, but within a few weeks it reached my Top 10 where “New bohemia” stayed for nine weeks in my Top 5 including three weeks at the top. It is absolutely astonishing that this song with its positive energy never reached the international charts. The follow up singles in 2016 “LA love” and “Future” failed to chart and so it seems that this their biggest hit on my chart for years to come.

No comments: