Sunday 29 November 2020

Year-End review 2019 (40 - 31)

 40 – 31




international
note
40
no success


Steiner & Madlaina – Das schöne Leben

Points: 1191.7
Peak: #7
Weeks: 21
Album: Cheers
Airplay: #21

In October 2018 Swiss duo Steiner & Madlaina released their single "Das schöne Leben" ("The beautiful life"). In early January I started charting this song and I’ve to say that this song isn’t usually the kind of music I really like. But this duo did well on this song and I absolutely enjoy listening this song.

39 #50

Mathea – Alles Gute

Points: 1193.3
Peak: #7
Weeks: 17 (still charting)
Album: M
Airplay: #107

For a 2nd time on this list is now Austrian singer Mathea. Her single "Alles Gute" ("Wishing you well") failed to impress my fellow Austrians so that this single only reached #50 in my home country. I like it so much that this song also ended in the Top 10 and peaked a little bit better than "2x" did. This one is definitely a good starting point if you’re interested in discovering actual Austrian music.

38
no success


Tagtraeumer – Metronom

Points: 1197.8
Peak: #7
Weeks: 22
Album: Unendlich eins
Airplay: #24

This one has been released as a regular single back in 2018, but I decided to chart this song a little bit later. Only because of the fact I charted the whole album. But in 2019 this song started an impressive chart run with a peak at #7.

37 #30
#39

Lena – Don’t lie to me

Points: 1200.3
Peak: #5
Weeks: 18
Album: Only love, L
Airplay: #44

Since her appearances in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2010 and 2011 a long time has gone by and over the years she had several hits on my chart. "Don’t lie to me" is catchy and I gave the song a boost which lead it into the Top 5.

36 #7


Emma – Mondiale

Points: 1209.1
Peak: #5
Weeks: 25
Album: Essere qui (boom edition)
Airplay: #39

Emma celebrated the release of the boom edition of her album "Essere qui" ("To be here") with the release of a new single. "Mondiale" ("World") could hold the standard and reached the Top 10 where it eventually peaked at #5. In total this song stayed for three weeks at #5.

35
no success



Emma – Malelingue

Points: 1219.8
Peak: #4
Weeks: 19
Album: Essere qui
Airplay: #47

Back to back the next song by Emma can be found. This time it is an album cut from her album "Essere qui". "Malelingue" ("Gossips") did a little bit better with peaking at #4 and had 8.8 more points than "Mondiale" in the final account of 2019.

34 #71
#33
#40

Carly Rae Jepsen – Too much

Points: 1265.0
Peak: #5
Weeks: 19
Album: Dedicated
Airplay: #31

It is such a shame that after her hits "Call me maybe" and "Good time" Carly Rae Jepsen failed to gain widespread success with her following singles. On my chart she is a regular guest with constant hits. Therefore her single "Too much" did much better than in international charts with a peak at #5.

33 #47
#29
#21
#15
#7
#7
#14
#12
#4
#11


Katy Perry – Never really over

Points: 1289.4
Peak: #3
Weeks: 19
Album: Smile
Airplay: #42

I’ve written several year-end reports and Katy Perry can hardly be found on these lists. In 2019 she released her single "Never really over" which is heavily inspired by "Love you like that". This one had been a regular single (peaked at #38 in Norway) by Norwegian singer Dagny. While I never charted that single I enjoyed "Never really over". So this one could be considered a comeback at least for me.

32 #12
#29
#84


JuJu – Hi babe

Points: 1290.5
Peak: #6
Weeks: 21
Album: Bling bling
Airplay: #37

As I’ve written in my last post JuJu had a bigger hit than "Vermissen" ("Miss"). Here it comes. It is "Hi babe" which I love so much that it peaked at #6. Sure this song failed to enter the Top 5 or even reach #1, but this doesn’t matter as it is among of the best German songs in 2019 and because of the fact that in my opinion this is a good song.

31
no success



LANY – Taking me back

Points: 1303.0
Peak: #5
Weeks: 20
Album: Malibu nights
Airplay: #54

In my eyes "Malibu nights" is one of the best albums in 2018. Out of this album the track "Taking me back" reached a notable spot with in the Top 10 and eventually peaked at #5 back in September 2019 where it stayed for two weeks. This song is the 2nd song by them to be found in this list with three more to come.


No comments: