Sunday 29 November 2020

Year-End review 2019 (60 - 51)

 60 – 51




international
note
60 #7
#3
#2
#1
#1
#2
#2
#3
#9
#1


Selena Gomez – Lose you to love me

Points: 1002.6
Peak: #1 (4 weeks)
Weeks: 9 (still charting)
Album: Rare
Airplay: #238

I really love her song "Lose you to love me". This song spent 4 weeks at the Top in late 2019 and it became the first song which was in the Top 10 when the cover of this song also reached the Top 10 in early 2020. Definitely a good year-end spot for her although I think that "Rare" isn’t as good as her "Revival" album.

59
no success


LIVVIA – Damn

Points: 1007.4
Peak: #15
Weeks: 19
Album: Say it EP
Airplay: #49

Have you heard of LIVVIA before she released her smash "Damn"? I’ve not charted her before so this is her first chart hit and it peaked at #15 which is absolutely good. Sure she failed to this one last step, but maybe she is doing in the future.

58
no success


Clara Rubensson – Next to you

Points: 1017.1
Peak: #13
Weeks: 17
Album: -
Airplay: #65

Swedish new artist Clara Rubensson did a good job on her debut single. It started at #42 in July and reached its peak in September. Hopefully she is having some other hits in the future.

57
no success



Emma Bunton – Please don’t stop

Points: 1020.7
Peak: #10
Weeks: 16
Album: My happy place
Airplay: #53

Let’s welcome back the Spice Girls. Oh wait they aren’t giving a comeback. It’s Emma Bunton who returns solo after a pause of 13 years. I really appreciated this 1960’s orientated pop song and so she reached the Top 10 and peaked at #10 for three weeks.

56 #12
#12
#7
#2
#2
#2
#3
#3
#1
#5

ME! – Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie

Points: 1022.2
Peak: #14
Weeks: 20
Album: Lover
Airplay: #30

It shouldn’t be a surprise that I like Taylor Swift songs. Although her song with Panic! At the Disco mastermind Brendon Urie reached a spot in the Top 20 with a peak at #14 this single can be called a flop for me. For the first time since her 2010 album "Speak now" (surely I’ve not charted back in these days") the first single from her album (her it is "Lover") failed to reach #1. So a peak at #14 is generally good, but not for the Taylor Swift standard.

55
no success



Avril Lavigne – Birdie

Points: 1038.7
Peak: #6
Weeks: 19
Album: Head above water
Airplay: #40

When you’re following my weekly chart you’ll have noticed that I’m still a fan of Avril Lavigne. Over the years she has become very inconstant in delivering hits and while "Head above water" has become her 1st notable international hit in a while most of her other songs flopped. Here at #55 you can find a simple song by her from the album "Head above water" which maybe could have been a smaller success for her, because of the fact that the good old days have gone when she had several international Top 10 hits.

54
no success


Avril Lavigne – It was in me

Points: 1058.0
Peak: #12
Weeks: 19
Album: Head above water
Airplay: #68

Haven’t I just written about Avril Lavigne? Here she comes again. This time with the album cut "It was in me" which peaked at #12. Surely this song failed to enter the Top 10, but it did a little bit better in the overall run as "Birdie".

53 #10


Gromee – Love you better

Points: 1059.9
Peak: #9
Weeks: 17
Album: -
Airplay: #108

Since 2011 Gromee, a DJ from Poland, is releasing singles on a regular basis. I first noticed him with his single "Love you better" which eventually peaked at #9 in 2019. This one is also a big surprise as Jovani’s year-end Top 100 hit "Figure it out".

52 #68


LÉON – You and I

Points: 1072.2
Peak: #6
Weeks: 19
Album: LÉON
Airplay: #50

"You and I" is taken from LÉON’s self-title 2019 debut album. I’ve charted her before, but this one managed to reach a spot in the Top 10 and become her biggest hit.

51 #36


Annalisa feat. Mr. Rain – Un domani

Points: 1073.8
Peak: #8
Weeks: 21
Album: Bye bye
Airplay: #33

Early I’ve pointed out that Annalisa is now the 2nd best singer from Italy for me. She proved her status with the Top 10 hit "Un domani" ("The day after tomorrow"). For this song she collaborated with rapper Mr. Rain. For him this one has become the first Top 10 hit on my chart.



No comments: