Sunday 29 November 2020

Year-End review 2019 (70 - 61)

 2020 is absolutely a year to forget. Not only because of COVID-19, but there are multiple factors that I hate this year. So I even managed not to have time to complete the year-end report for 2019. Over the last days I eventually wrote the last parts of this review which I'm going to post from the December 2018/January 2019 point of view. I decided to do this before the next year-end review has to be done. I'm sure that most of you aren't really interested in this last part of the review, but I've posted all the reviews since 2011 and so I decided to bring this one to an end too. Without further ado her are the last post for my year-end chart of 2019.

70 – 61



international
note
70
no success



Stefanie Heinzmann – Shadows

Points: 909.7
Peak: #13
Weeks: 16
Album: All we need is love
Airplay: #62

Since her participation on a German casting show hosted by Stefan Raab she has become a part of my chart. In 2019 she reached a very notable spot with her single "Shadows". I definitely like this song, but there is one track on her album which I prefer more.

69
no success


Kelly Clarkson – Would you call that love

Points: 910.0
Peak: #12
Weeks: 16
Album: Meaning of life
Airplay: #66

The last time Kelly Clarkson appeared on this list has been on #83 with "Slow dance". 17 spots better ranked is "Would you call that love". I absolutely enjoy listening to this one, but it failed to enter the Top 10.

68
no success

Fettes Brot – Denxu

Points: 917.3
Peak: #9
Weeks: 17
Album: Lovestory
Airplay: #58

Long gone are the times when Fettes Brot had started their career. I especially remember their one and only #1 in Austria "Emanuela" back in 2005. Every now and then they have a chart hit and with "Denxu" ("Think you") they reached the eventually the Top 10. Sure the peak was the songs only week in this part of the chart, but this song is definitely one of their better ones.

67
no success


Anaïs Delva– J’ai su

Points: 947.1
Peak: #7
Weeks: 17
Album: Obsidienne
Airplay: #52

For the first time in history Anaïs Delva reached the chart. I enjoyed listening to this catchy french pop song and maybe one day she is repeating her success.

66
no success

/
Jovani feat. Youth Appeal – Figure it out

Points: 955.1
Peak: #7
Weeks: 15
Album: -
Airplay: #138

For the first time on this list Lithuanian DJ Jovani can be found. For this track he teamed up with Swedish act Youth Appeal. "Figure it out" is definitely a little bit a surprise for these newcomers. They reached debuted in September and reached their peak in November. Maybe Jovani is reaching the chart in the future.

65
no success


Anouk – Million dollar

Points: 958.0
Peak: #14
Weeks: 16
Album: -
Airplay: #56

Here my favourite artist Anouk is coming. "Million dollar" has been released as a non-album single and which is very rare failed to enter the Top 10. This song is not bad, but in my eyes she has done better songs than this.

64
no success


James Morrison feat. Joss Stone – My love goes on

Points: 958.7
Peak: #11
Weeks: 17
Album: You’re stronger than you know
Airplay: #57

In the early 2000’s James Morrison started his career with "You give me something". Over the years he had several big hits, but his last one has been "I won’t let you go" back in 2011. So it has been a big surprise when his song "My love goes on" caught my attention. This duet with Joss Stone who also had her biggest hits back in the early 2000’s did very well peaking near the Top 10, but don’t expect them to chart very soon with another song.

63
no success


Pink – For now

Points: 972.9
Peak: #14
Weeks: 19
Album: Beautiful trauma
Airplay: #55

Nearly ten spots later Pink can be found on this list again. This time she returns with another album cut form her album "Beautiful trauma". "For now" isn’t bad, but failed to reach the Top 10 which is most of time the standard for her songs.

62
no success



Annalisa – Illuminami

Points: 976.5
Peak: #10
Weeks: 21
Album: Bye bye
Airplay: #35

You may ask which singer is my favourite from Italy. Sure I’ve to write that Emma is my favourite, but in 2019 another Italian singer did very well. Annalisa can now be found for third time on this list. This time with the album cut "Illuminami" ("Enlighten me"). I really like this one and I’m sure that as a regular single it would have been a hit in Italy or Switzerland.

61 #64
#41
#95
#77
#21
#10
#20

Ellie Goulding – Sixteen

Points: 991.9
Peak: #10
Weeks: 19
Album: Brightest blue
Airplay: #38

Every now and then British singer Ellie Goulding can place a song on my chart. In 2019 she released the single "Sixteen" which did pretty well. In June the song reached its peak within the Top 10, but also stayed their only for one week as Annalisa’s "Illuminami".



No comments: