Sunday 29 November 2020

Year-End review 2019 (50 - 41)

 50 – 41




international
note
50
no success


Lennon Stella – Bad

Points: 1078.0
Peak: #13
Weeks: 22
Album: Love, me
Airplay: #23

"Bad" has been released as a single back in 2018 and should be released as a single again in 2020. Both times it failed to gain massive airplay. On my chart this one reached a good spot at #13, but she failed to enter the Top 10. Although I bought the EP "Love, me" and liked some of her other singles too I can’t describe her style of music because she really often is switching her style. Maybe she has to go a long way to find a particular genre where she fits or this is the standard we’ll have to deal with in the future.

49 #49
#1


Mathea – 2x

Points: 1088.3
Peak: #8
Weeks: 22
Album: M
Airplay: #28

Austrian singer Mathea really came out of nowhere for me. She appeared on the 6th season of the show "The Voice of Germany" in 2016 which I’ve not seen. Later she released her debut single "2x" which peaked at #8. Since that her singles are a hit and miss for me, but hopefully she’s doing well with some more songs of her.

48 #92
/
Avril Lavigne feat. Nicki Minaj – Dumb blonde

Points: 1121.8
Peak: #7
Weeks: 17
Album: Head above water
Airplay: #48

Next in line you can find "Dumb blonde" by Avril Lavinge feat. Nicki Minaj. I believe that for this song there are only two opinions possible. On the one hand most of the music listeners didn’t like this song and describe this song as trash. On the other hand there are some fans who really like this song. As this one is on my list you’ll know that I like this song I don’t care about the ones who are calling this one crap. So a peak at #7 is good and I stand by it.

47
no success



Tyler Hilton feat. Kate Voegele – When the night moves

Points: 1126.7
Peak: #8
Weeks: 16
Album: City on fire
Airplay: #51

Tyler Hilton hasn’t been the one who is producing hit after hit on my chart. So it is definitely interesting to find him on this list. But not for the ones who saw that Kate Voegele is featured on this track. Normally she is doing very well on the chart and so with this duet too. After a slow start the song peaked in the Top 10 by the end of March to become Kate Voegele’s biggest hit in 2019.

46 #69
#30
#36
#64
#37
#84
#21
#93


Avril Lavigne – Head above water

Points: 1133.4
Peak: #1 (4 weeks in 2018)
Weeks: 31 (13 weeks in 2018)
Album: Head above water
Airplay: #36

Back in 2018 "Head above water" reached #32 on the year-end review. This year this song isn’t placed as good as in that year, but if you combine those years "Head above water" could be #2 in 2018 or #4 in 2019. Unfortunately a split year chart record is a split year chart record and so Avril Lavigne failed to enter the year-end Top 10 with this song.

45 #1
#2
#13


JuJu feat. Henning May – Vermissen

Points: 1152.6
Peak: #6
Weeks: 21
Album: Bling bling
Airplay: #34

Rap music or especially German rap isn’t the kind of genre I’m often listening to. This I really can’t point out as much as I’ve done in the past, but it is true. So before "Vermissen" ("Miss") came to my attention I’ve heard of JuJu as a part of the German act SXTN which I charted once or twice against my typical interests. For that JuJu wasn’t a new act for me, but I can’t believe that she reached the Top 10 with a song. I really like this song with Henning May who is the leading singer of the German act AnnenMayKantereit which I’ve not charted. And to my surprise this one isn’t even her highest ranked song in this list.

44 #10
#45


Tim Bendzko – Hoch

Points: 1160.3
Peak: #6
Weeks: 18
Album: Filter
Airplay: #63

German singer Tim Bendzko is well known for hits as "Nur noch kurz die Welt retten ("I quickly just have to save the world") or "Wenn Worte meine Sprache wären" ("If words were my language") which had been massive hits in 2011. Both songs failed to enter my chart, but with "Hoch" ("High") he managed to reach the Top 10. Not bad for a singer I don’t care much about.

43 #61
#1

/
Fred De Palma feat. Ana Mena – Una volta ancora

Points: 1166.9
Peak: #8
Weeks: 19
Album: Uebe
Airplay: #87

It has been the 2nd time when Italian rapper Fred De Palma teamed up with Spanish singer Ana Mena. "Una volta ancora" ("Once again") has been released in an Italian and a Spanish version, but I charted this song in Italian. Unlike as the first work this song was interesting enough to start a charting career and eventually this song reached the Top 10 where it peaked at #8.

42 #6

Jeanette Biedermann – Besser mit dir

Points: 1180.8
Peak: #4
Weeks: 16 (still charting)
Album: DNA
Airplay: #128

The follow-up single to "Deine Geschichten" ("Your stories") did also well on my chart. While this song hasn’t reached the chart in my home country and in Germany I really like this song so that it peaked at #4. I also have to point out that I appreciate her work in German more than her English songs I liked in the past (and I still do). Hopefully I’ve not to wait another ten years before she is releasing more solo songs.

41 #36
#21
#22
#2
#4
#3
#2
#5
#1
#5

Taylor Swift – You need to calm down

Points: 1185.6
Peak: #5
Weeks: 18
Album: Lover
Airplay: #45

About Tayler Swift and her song "You need to calm down" I’ve not to write much because I believe that everything is said. So here are the hard facts. "You need to calm down" debuted at #41 and reached the Top 10 four weeks later. It "only" peaked at #5, but the first single from "Lover" failed to enter this part of the chart so it is definitely a success.

No comments: