Thursday 24 January 2019

Year-End Review 2018 - 50 - 41

50 – 41



international
note
50
no success

One Bit feat. Louisa Johnson – Between you and me

Points: 1147.0
Peak: #7
Weeks: 19
Album: -
Airplay: #56

British DJ’s One Bit teamed up with singer Louisa Johnson who rose to fame during the 12th season of X-Factor UK. Back in 2017 she had a smaller hit with the Olly Murs duet “Unpredictable”. "Between you and me" is their first year-end Top 100 hit, but I’m not sure if they ever will end in this spheres.
49 #16
#59

LEA feat. Cyril – Immer wenn wir uns sehn

Points: 1159.6
Peak: #7
Weeks: 18
Album: Soundtrack: Das schönste Mädchen der Welt
Airplay: #54

Music from movies can hardly be found on my chart, but every now and then there is a song which found its way into my year-end Top 100. In 2018 it had been a song from the German YA movie “Das schönste Mädchen der Welt” (“The most beautiful girl of the world”). For German singer LEA and actor Aaron Hilmer as Cyril it had been their biggest hit so far.
48
no success


Kate Voegele – Leave me Hollywood

Points: 1167.6
Peak: #8
Weeks: 22
Album: Canyonlands
Airplay: #44

Here is she again. This time Kate Voegele placed her album cut “Leave me Hollywood” directly in my year-end Top 50. It is a good song from her – as always –, but she had done better in 2018 than with this song.
47
no success


Leony – Boots

Points: 1170.5
Peak: #10
Weeks: 20
Album: -
Airplay: #37

A small town German girl was signed to Sony Music Australia. Why isn’t she signed to Sony Music Germany? She has the talent, but so far only some people in Australia have discovered her talent. Unfortunately her 2nd single “Boots” failed to reach the international charts. On my chart she peaked in my Top 10 and I hope that there will be some more songs be her in the future.
46
no success

Leslie Clio – In and out

Points: 1177.3
Peak: #6
Weeks: 21
Album: Purple
Airplay: #51

Over the years Leslie Clio proofed that she has star material in her pocket. As I pointed out before her album “Purple” isn’t as good as her “Eureka”-album, but “In and out” is a good song and it reached #6 where it peaked in May.
45 #41
Annalisa – Bye bye

Points: 1199.8
Peak: #7
Weeks: 20
Album: Bye bye
Airplay: #41

Annalisa is Emma’s biggest concurrence from Italy on my chart. Although “Bye bye” had only been a smaller hit in her home country on my chart this song peaked at #7. So it is her 2nd best song in this review with her #1 song to come.
44 #6
#10
#7
#1

Sigrid – Strangers

Points: 1211.1
Peak: #5
Weeks: 22
Album: Side A EP
Airplay: #30

Norwegian singer Sigrid started her career back in 2017 with “Don’t kill my vibe” (I never charted this song). In 2018 she had her biggest hit so far. “Strangers” reached #10 in the UK and on my chart she did a little bit better with reaching #5 in March. At the moment this is her only chart hit, but I’m sure that there will be at least one more song which I’ll chart.
43
no success


Lost Kings feat. Norma Jean Martine – When we were young

Points: 1221.9
Peak: #4
Weeks: 19
Album: -
Airplay: #62

Norma Jean Martine is a regular guest on my chart since the release of her debut album. In 2018 she was featured on several collaborations. One had been with US DJ’s Lost Kings. Their song “When we were young” – it is no cover of the Adele song – worked well for me and reached #4 back in July.
42 #6
Amy Shark – I said hi

Points: 1239.5
Peak: #7
Weeks: 21
Album: Love monster
Airplay: #53

For me Amy Shark came out of nowhere. In Australia she had a hit with “Adore” back in 2016. When I first listened to “I said hi” I thought that this song isn’t nothing special. But a 2nd listen lead this song to a chart debut back in May 2018. In July “I said hi” peaked at #7.
41 #52
#50
#67

Matt Simons – We can do better

Points: 1242.1
Peak: #7
Weeks: 22
Album: -
Airplay: #48

Sometimes US singers only have success in Europe. One of these singers is Matt Simons. Back in 2015 he had a big hit with “Catch & release” when it was remixed by Dutch DJ’s Deepend. In 2018 he returned strong with “We can do better”. On my chart this song reached #7 which is now his best chart position.

No comments: