Thursday 3 January 2019

Year-End Review 2018 - 70 - 61

70 – 61



international
note
70 #95

Revolverheld – Immer noch fühlen

Points: 936.7
Peak: #16
Weeks: 21
Album: Zimmer mit Blick
Airplay: #66

Well Revolverheld are back in my year-end Top 100. “Immer noch fühlen” (“Still feeling”) is a good song from their new album “Zimmer mit Blick” (“Room with a view”). On the other side I don’t really like this album except one other song. Unfortunately they didn’t met my expectations so that they won’t have many chart hits in the near future.
69
no success

Tagtraeumer – Alles sind wir

Points: 937.3
Peak: #7
Weeks: 19
Album: Unendlich eins
Airplay: #58

2018 started with a #1 hit by my favourite Austrian band Tagtraeumer. Over the year the placed many songs from their 2nd album on my chart. One of these songs has been “Alles sind wir” (“Everything is us”) which reached my Top 10 in March. This is definitely a favourite of mine beside their #1 hits.
68
no success

MisterWives – Chasing this

Points: 977.1
Peak: #4
Weeks: 18
Album: Connect the dots
Airplay: #114

Alternative band MisterWives are a regular guest on my chart since their debut album. So far I’ve charted every single song from their albums, but none of these songs ever reached #1. “Chasing this” did quite well with peaking within my Top 5. It became the bands biggest hit since “No need for dreaming”.
67
no success

Kelly Clarkson – Meaning of life

Points: 981.5
Peak: #12
Weeks: 20
Album: Meaning of life
Airplay: #72

Where has the time gone when Kelly Clarkson had hit after hit after hit? Unfortunately this time is gone. I like the “Meaning of life” album which is really cool. The title track is no exception. It just missed my Top 10 and it is her 1st of five appearances in my year-end Top 100.
66
no success

Tagtraeumer – Love = X

Points: 989.6
Peak: #10
Weeks: 18
Album: Unendlich eins
Airplay: #78

At #69 we had “Alles sind wir” and at #66 the next song by Tagtraeumer can be found. “Liebe = X” (“Love = X”) is a nice song from their album. Unfortunately they haven’t released this one as a regular single.
65
no success

Pink – But we lost it

Points: 996.4
Peak: #12
Weeks: 20
Album: Beautiful trauma
Airplay: #57

I’m sure you all asked yourself when the first song by Pink can be found in this list. Now I’m presenting you “But we lost it”. It is Pink’s first appearance. It debuted in June and peaked just outside my Top 10 in August. “But we lost it” is a nice song, but she had two song which did better this year.
64 #93
#1
#45
#63

César Sampson – Nobody but you

Points: 997.2
Peak: #12
Weeks: 20
Album: -
Airplay: #57

The Eurovision Song Contest ended with an Austrian song at #3 in the finale. For singer César Sampson “Nobody but you” could have been his breakthrough. “Nobody but you” spent a single week at #1 in Austria and stayed for five weeks. Since that he hadn’t released any new material. His one hit wonder song brought him near my Top 10 and maybe he is going to release something in the future.
63
no success

MisterWives – Never give up on me

Points: 1009.1
Peak: #4
Weeks: 23
Album: -
Airplay: #94

I just pointed out that “Chasing this” matched the records set by “No need for dreaming”. Now MisterWives return with the non-album single “Never give up on me”. I like the lyrics and its message. Sadly this song also peaked at #4.
62 #61

Chvrches – Miracle

Points: 1023.6
Peak: #11
Weeks: 20
Album: Love is dead
Airplay: #52

Every now and then Scottish synth-pop band Chvrches is reaching my chart. In 2018 they met my taste with “Miracle”. I’m still not sure why, but I was caught by this song. It climbed into my Top 20 where it peaked at #11.
61
no success

Hayley Kiyoko – Curious

Points: 1032.2
Peak: #9
Weeks: 21
Album: Expectations
Airplay: #36

This year several songs with LGBT themes reached my chart. One of the best songs had been “Curious” by Hayley Kiyoko. Although her debut album failed to get my attention “Curious” climbed all the way into my Top 10 and stayed for two weeks.

No comments: