Saturday 20 February 2021

Year-end review of 2020 (70 - 61)

 70 – 61



international
note
70
no success



Lemo – Schwarze Wolken

Points: 912.2
Peak: #11
Weeks: 16
Album: -
Airplay: #93

Over the past couple of years he had some hits in my home country. On my chart "Schwarze Wolken" ("Black clouds") had been his 3rd charting hit and his first one to reach the Top 20. Although I enjoyed listening to this particular song "Schwarze Wolken" was no hit in Austria and failed to reach the charts.

69 #55
#62
#55
#35
#24
#15
#6
#22


Harry Styles – Falling

Points: 917.2
Peak: #11
Weeks: 18
Album: Fine line
Airplay: #56

And here he is again. Harry Styles returned strong with another single from his "Fine line" album. When I first listened to this song I knew that I like this one, but it hadn't been a regular single at this time. Sure this is no problem because I chart no singles too, but as he had released some other stuff I waited and I wasn't disappointed. In the end "Falling" just missed the Top 10, but it is definitely one of his best songs. Hopefully he will reached the Top 10 in the future.

68 #56
#3


Kylie Minogue – Say something

Points: 917.9
Peak: #12
Weeks: 17
Album: Disco
Airplay: #81

In 2018 Kylie Minogue dominated the chart with her smash "Stop me from falling". Two years later she returned strong with her 1st single from "Disco". Although I don't like "Say something" as much as "Stop me from falling" it easily reached the Top 20, but failed to enter the top part of the chart with its peak in September.

67 #10
#14
#27


LEA & Capital Bra – 7 Stunden

Points: 923.1
Peak: #8
Weeks: 16
Album: Treppenhaus
Airplay: #64

2020 has definitely been the year for songs in German. Sure this can bring you to rap songs, but as you all know this kind of songs are rare on my chart. When I'm charting rap artists they are mostly part of let's call it regular songs. Let's face it they are only additions. On this track it is the same. LEA had some hits before, but with her "Treppenhaus" ("Staircase") album she had her breakthrough for me. "7 Stunden" ("7 hours") peaked in the Top 10 in August and most recently she topped the chart with two songs from the mentioned album.

66
no success


Avril Lavigne – Warrior

Points: 934.2
Peak: #8
Weeks: 17
Album: Head above water
Airplay: #74

At the same time when I started charting "Warrior" as an album cut she released a re-recording "We are warriors" as a charity song during the Covid-19 pandemic. I stayed with the original version which is surely a good song from her latest album. Unfortunately neither the original song nor the charity single gained attention.

65
no success


Kate Voegele – French

Points: 935.3
Peak: #4
Weeks: 16
Album: -
Airplay: #108

Due to its split chart record "French" by Kate Voegele failed to do better. Back in 2019 "French" landed at #239 in that year-end review. In 2020 it stayed at #4 for three weeks in a row. Although she had #1's in the past this one is worth listening to.

64 #6

Astrid S – Dance dance dance

Points: 940.3
Peak: #11
Weeks: 16
Album: Leave it beautiful
Airplay: #60

Since her debut in 2013 Norwegian singer Astrid S charted multiple times for me. "Dance dance dance" is another great song by her, but as most of her songs this one only charted in Norway. I can't believe that only a handful of her songs found their way into the international charts. Maybe she gets discovered from others than Norwegians in the future.

63
no success


María Parrado & Cepeda – No creo en nada

Points: 951.2
Peak: #8
Weeks: 18
Album: Beautiful trauma
Airplay: #42

Spanish singer María Parrado is in for the 2nd time in this countdown. She returns very strong with the Top 10 hit "No creo en nada" ("I don't believe in anything"). I love this song, but there are two songs which did better.

62
no success



Shawn Hook – I don't wanna dance

Points: 955.0
Peak: #12
Weeks: 19
Album: Take me home
Airplay: #54

Every now and then Canadian singer Shawn Hook is reaching my chart. In 2020 he returned very strong with "I don't wanna dance". It just failed to reach the Top 10 after peaking at #12 in April. I'm still waiting for the big song from him, but as the last singles failed to impress me I have to wait.

61
no success


María Parrado – Tarde

Points: 970.6
Peak: #11
Weeks: 18
Album: Alas
Airplay: #44

Next in line is another single by Spanish singer María Parrado. Although "Tarde" ("Afternoon") failed to enter the Top 10 this song managed to do a little bit better than "No creo en nada". This song reached its peak in June.

No comments: