Saturday 20 February 2021

Year-end review of 2020 (80 - 71)

 80 – 71



international
note
80 #42
#19
#28
#30
#21
#22
#28
#28
#35
#17


Selena Gomez – Rare

Points: 860.4
Peak: #8
Weeks: 17
Album: Rare
Airplay: #51

Next in line is the first song by Selena Gomez. "Rare" is not only the title track of the album it is also the third single from it. I really enjoyed listening to this song, but it was definitely no "Lose you to love me". So "Rare" is the first entry in the 2020 year-end Top 100.

79 #92

Selena Gomez feat. 6lack – Crowded room

Points: 863.5
Peak: #8
Weeks: 16
Album: Rare
Airplay: #90

The next song is also by Selena Gomez. This time it is an album cut which only reached the charts in Canada. I personally think that this one is one of the better songs on the "Rare"-album, which I recently bought. Although I'm not a huge fan of rap I also think that the rap part by 6lack isn't bad. For him it is the 1st entry on such a list.

78
no success



Philipp Dittberner & Marv – Ich frag mich

Points: 868.6
Peak: #12
Weeks: 17
Album: -
Airplay: #62

For the first time since 2017 German singer Philipp Dittberner found its way on my chart. "Ich frag mich" ("I ask myself") is a collaboration with German DJ Marv. It is a decent song, but it just peaked outside the Top 10. On the other hand it reached the year-end Top 100 and so it is really a reason to celebrate.

77
no success


Zweikanalton – Ey Katharina

Points: 873.7
Peak: #12
Weeks: 17
Album: -
Airplay: #53

It's time for the 2nd Austrian representative in this countdown. For Zweikanalton "Ey Katharina" is the first notable hit and after a slow start it did very well for me with its catchy refrain. Unfortunately it failed to enter the Top 10 and as the follow up single also failed to gain my attention they are at the moment a one-hit-wonder for me.

76
no success



Alanis Morissette – Ablaze

Points: 877.7
Peak: #10
Weeks: 16
Album: Such pretty forks in the road
Airplay: #112

The next song in this countdown has never been released as a regular single, but Alanis Morissette released an official video for this song. I enjoyed the video and of course the song which reached a peak within the Top 10. Although it didn't manage to peak at the top of the chart it is a very good song from her latest album.

75
no success


Anne-Marie – Her

Points: 878.6
Peak: #12
Weeks: 17
Album: -
Airplay: #66

Since 2015 Anne-Marie is a regular guest on my chart. In 2020 she released the song "Her" which is dedicated to her mom. This personal song by her failed to enter my Top 10, but this song will always be remembered as a special song related to family members such as "Großvater" ("Granddad") by STS.

74
no success



LANY – Malibu nights

Points: 880.1
Peak: #5
Weeks: 17
Album: Malibu nights
Airplay: #109

Why is this band so underrated? I definitely have no answer to this question. For me they are one of the best bands I've listened to in the last years. I really like their work and the title track "Malibu nights" from the 2nd album is no exception. It reached the Top 5 at the end of January and stayed for eight weeks in the Top 10.

73
no success



Annalisa – Superare

Points: 893.4
Peak: #8
Weeks: 16
Album: Bye bye
Airplay: #63

Italian singer Annalisa did very well in 2020. With the album cut "Superare" ("Overcome") she had another hit for me from her album "Bye bye". I'm glad that I discovered this album which is absolutely enriching my life.

72 #48
#53
#17
#8
#4
#13

Clean Bandit & Mabel feat. 24kGoldn – Tick tock

Points: 895.0
Peak: #10
Weeks: 14 (still charting)
Album: -
Airplay: #132

This next song on the list is the most successful song after "Rare" in this part of the countdown. "Tick tock" by Clean Bandit reached the Top 10 in Great Britain and was a minor hit all over Europe. For me it was the band's first Top 10 as well as for US rapper 24kGoldn. For British-Swedish singer Mabel is was a return, but not as successful as "Don't call me up" back in 2019.

71 #34
#64
#14
#71


Demi Lovato – Anyone

Points: 903.6
Peak: #12
Weeks: 17
Album: -0
Airplay: #50

The next song in this list is originally from 2018, but it was first released in 2020. As most of us know what happened with Demi Lovato in the days back then is this song among the most emotional songs and the song is definitely hard to evaluate.


No comments: