Saturday 10 January 2015

Year-End Review 2014 - Spots 3 - 1

3 – 1



international
note
3 #7
Tagträumer - Sinn

Points: 3100.7
Peak: #1 (5)
Weeks: 39
Album: -
Chart Debut: January 18, 2014
First week at #1: February 22, 2014
Writer(s): Thomas Schneider, Kevin Lehr
Producer(s): Alexander Kahr

This is the first of three songs about the fact that love isn't always enough in my year-end Top 3. If there had been an Austria song which is characteristic for 2014 than it had been "Sinn" ("Sense"). "Sinn" easily had been the most played song on the radio in Austria. Everytime I heard it on the radio I turn the radio louder. They showed how much talent we've in Austria. The melody is very good and the lyrics are brilliant. There's nothing I could write about this song which I don't like. There hadn't been a song in the past years which has been as good as this one. "Sinn" topped my chart for five weeks in two runs. It stayed in the Top 10 for 21 weeks and only one song did better this year.
2
no success


Anouk - I won't play that game

Points: 3268.4
Peak: #1 (6)
Weeks: 42 (still charting)
Album: Live at Symphonica in Rosso
Chart Debut: March 08, 2014
First week at #1: April 05, 2014
Writer(s): Anouk Teeuwe
Producer(s): Anouk Teeuwe

The 2nd song about that love isn't always enough is by favourite singer Anouk from the Netherlands. "I won't play that game" had been the promotional single for her 3rd live album "Live at Symphonica in Rosso". It debute at #2 right behind her #1 debut "You & I". After "You & I" spent four weeks at the top "I won't play that game" took over and didn't gave up the leading position for six weeks. So she spent ten weeks at a row at the top position of my chart. "I won't play that game" is her 2nd song which finished at the runners-up position in my year-end review. The first had been "Little did I know" back in 2012. It seems that the "Sad singalong songs" area is over. Anouk is back with brilliant songs like "I won't play that game". This song has everything I liked to her by her in the past. The melody is good. I like the lyrics and of course her voice is still brilliant.
1 #15

Emma - L'amore non mi basta

Points: 3442,7
Peak: #1 (9 weeks, 2 in 2013 and 7 in 2014)
Weeks: 58 (still charting)
Album: Schiena
Chart Debut: November 16, 2013
First week at #1: Dezember 14, 2013
Writer(s): Daniele Magro
Producer(s): Brando

Her she is again. The Queen of my chart in 2014. Italian singer Emma Marrone reached #1 with "L'amore non mi basta". Within five weeks she reached #1 on my chart and didn't gave up this spot for nine consecutive weeks. I played no other song as often as this song which is the top song about the fact that love isn't always enough. Righ from the start I fell in love with this brilliant song. I can't remember any song in Italian which I enjoyed as fast as this one. "L'amore non mi basta" stayed 27 weeks in my Top 10 therof 18 weeks in my Top 5. 13 of these 18 weeks she spent in my Top 3. Although the chart run is going to an end I still love this song and the video too. Somehow a pitty that she has only little succes outside Italy. Even her participation in the Eurovision Song Contest didn't help.

No comments: