Tuesday 6 January 2015

Year-End Review 2014 - Spots 30 - 21

30 – 21



international
note
30 #23
#15
#12
#77
#62
#5
#9
#1
#1
#9

Rita Ora - I will never let you down

Points: 1110.8
Peak: #6
Weeks: 18
Album: -

In the middle of April I first listed to Rita Ora's new single "I will never let you down". It had a good start and outperformed all her other singles. Until today this is her biggest hit on my chart and her first appearance in the year-end 100.
29
no success

Cassadee Pope - I wish I could break your heart

Points: 1114.1
Peak: #4
Weeks: 18
Album: Frame by frame

Every year in my review you can find at least one country song. This time it is by Cassadee Pope who won the 3rd season of the Voice (US). Her first solo single "Wasting all these tears" had been her first solo hit on my chart, but this could match with "I wish I could break your heart" which easily reached my Top 10 and stayed four weeks in the Top 5.
28 #2
#1
#6
#14
#14
#9
#12
#21

Lily Allen - Hard out here

Points: 1133.9
Peak: #2
Weeks: 17
Album: Sheezus

Last year Lily Allen dominated my chart with her cooperation with Pink. "True love" reached #3 in my year-end of 2013. In December 2013 she debuted within the Top 10 with "Hard out here". Her next big hit. "Hard out here" climbed fast into the Top 3 and peaked at #2 for two weeks.
27no success
Matt Cardle- When you were my girl

Points: 1162.1
Peak: #6
Weeks: 17 (still charting)
Album: Poreclain

A year after releasing "When you were my girl" as a single this song found its way into my chart. I like every song from him, but since the first album I'm late with charting. By October he reached the Top 10 and fixed with seven weeks in this part of the chart another good spot within the year-end review. "When you were my girl" is no "Starlight" or one of his other #1's, but it is a decent song.
26 #12
#5
#15
#4
#5
#3
#5
#16
#12
#9

Ariana Grande feat. Zedd - Break free

Points: 1190.5
Peak: #7
Weeks: 21
Album: My everything

At #26 is one of this year's biggest artist. Since her cooperation with Iggy Azalea Ariana Grande is ruling the charts from the US to Austria. "Break free" is her 2nd hit from "My everything". First I thought that the sound of the first seconds of this song is a sign that this song is a fake. So I almost didn't charted this song.
25
#51
#69

Neon Trees - Sleeping with a friend

Points: 1204.7
Peak: #5
Weeks: 17
Album: Pop psychology

The US Band Neon Trees released as leading single to their third album "Sleeping with a friend". The catchy song about what happens when you leave the friendzone is their only hit on my chart. "Sleeping with a friend" only peaked at #5, but this song didn't gave away this spot the whole May.
24no success
Marlene - Indian summer

Points: 1275.4
Peak: #5
Weeks: 20
Album: Indian summer EP

Since the end of 2013 Marlene is a regular artist on my chart. It all began with "Bon voyage" which only spent two weeks in my Top 100. As Indian summer had been released as a single from the EP of the same name I began to listen to this song on "heavy" rotation. "Indian summer" will always remind me of the summer 2014.
23 #7
#3
#48

Revolverheld - Ich lass für dich das Licht an

Points: 1303.1
Peak: #4
Weeks: 18
Album: Immer in Bewegung

One of the best music videos of the year had been by German band Revolverheld. A friend of the leading singer asked his girl friend to marry him and around the proposal of marriage they shot this video. "Ich lass für dich das Licht an" ("I'll leave the light on for you") is the bands highest charting song up-to-date. It spent nine weeks in the Top 10 and three weeks at #4.
22no success
Broods - Everytime

Points: 1320.8
Peak: #1 (2)
Weeks: 14 (still charting)
Album: Evergreen

"Oh, Oh. Cause everytime is the last time. Oh, oh" is part of the refrain I whispered very often this year. The song "Everytime" is by New Zealand's lastest export. Three regular singles and a promotional single reached this year the chart of their home country. "Everytime" is the only song by them which reached my chart. An infectus chorus helped them to reach #1 in November.
21
no success

Avril Lavigne - Give you what you like

Points: 1343.8
Peak: #10
Weeks: 25
Album: Avril Lavigne

If there is a song on the album "Avril Lavigne" which should've been a regular single than it had been "Give you what you like". This song is one of the best songs on this album although in only reached my Top 10 for one week in September. Due to the longactivity this song outperformed many songs which peaked better.

No comments: