Friday 9 January 2015

Year-End Review 2014 - Spots 5 - 4

5 – 4



international
note
5no success
Jillette Johnson - Peter Pan

Points: 2572.8
Peak: #1 (3)
Weeks: 33
Album: Whater in a whale
Chart Debut May 10, 2014
First week at #1: June 28, 2014
Writer(s): Jillette Johnson
Producer(s): Peter Zizzo, Michael Mangini

For the perfect match it wasn't enough this year. In 2014 it had been her song "Peter Pan" which did best for her. It's a song about growing up. She describes that she is the last of her friends who gives up to get drunk every Tuesday or smoking pot. In the end she is feeling like Peter Pan and she won't leave Neverland. It's another very deep personal song she put on her debut album which I should've mentioned before is great. Like all of her songs this song subsists of her voice and the powerful refrain. As her debut album had been released back in 2013 I'm ready for new songs by her which I hope will be released in 2015.
4 #28
Anouk - You & I

Points: 3047.4
Peak: #1 (4)
Weeks: 42 (still charting)
Album: -
Chart Debut March 08, 2014
First week at #1: March 08, 2014
Writer(s): Anouk Teeuwe, Nick van de Wall, Urales Vargas
Producer(s): Anouk Teeuwe, Nick van de Wall

After she had minor success in 2013 Anouk (her highest ranked song in 2013 had been "Pretending as always" at #17 in the year-end of 2013) turned around in March when she released "You & I" which had been later put on her latest album "Paradise and back again". "You & I" is no rock song at all by her. For this song she worked with Nick van de Wall who is better known as Afrojack, but "You & I" isn't either a pure dance song at all. It is definitely a perfect production for me. I often pointed out that Anouk is my favourite singer and with "You & I" she confirmed it. I absolutely love her voice in this midtempo pop song. The song itself wins with strong lyics and I think there should be some more cooperations with Afrojack. "You & I" had been only the 2nd single which debuted at #1 since I began re-charting in 2011. It lead the pack for four weeks before she replaced herself with "I won't play that game" which - now I can tell it to you - is in my Top 3 of the year.

No comments: