Sunday 4 January 2015

Year-End Review 2014 - Spots 40 - 31

40 – 31




international

note
40 #8
#9
#8
#73
#7
#14
#3
#1
#1

The Script - Superheroes

Points: 1034.5
Peak: #10
Weeks: 20
Album: No sound without silence

Music and Ireland brought us in the past inevitably to U2 or to The Corrs. Since 2008 another Irish band is roughing up the music scene. The Script had some minor hits on my chart in the past. With "Superheroes" they entered  my Top 10 for the first time, but I don't see that they could continue this success, because their follow-up single failed to chart until now.
39no success
Goo Goo Dolls – Caught in the stormPoints: 1042.1
Peak: #13
Weeks: 19
Album: Magnetic

Last year I wrote in the review that the Goo Goo Dolls adopted #39 in the year-end review. Back in 2011 "All that you are" reached this spot. Last year it had been "Rebel beat". And this year their actual single "Caught in the storm" also peaked at #39. Is this a sign for them not climb higher in my year-end review? I don't know it yet, but the future will show if the Goo Goo Dolls could manage to climb higher.
38
no success

Ben Montague - Sweet Amelia

Points: 1046.91
Peak: #6
Weeks: 17
Album: Tales of flying and falling

I definitely wrote a lot of Ben Montague in the past. In 2013 he had his biggest hit with "Love like stars" which also had a spot in this review. A year later he failed to reach #1 again, but he reached the Top 10. "Sweet Amelia" had been his biggest this year.
37 #1
Ewelina Lisowska - W stronę słońca

Points: 1046.93
Peak: #8
Weeks: 17
Album: Aero-Plan

Sometimes I'm charting songs which have been big hits several months before. "W stronę słońca" ("Towards the sun") had been a #1 hit in Poland in 2013. Somehow I oversaw this little pearl therefore I began to chart this song in April. A month later it reached #8 where it peaked for three weeks. "W stronę słońca" had been the first song in Polish I charted.
36no success
Revolverheld - Wir schmeißen unsere Herzen ins Feuer

Points: 1050.0
Peak: #9
Weeks: 20
Album: Immer in Bewegung

In 2014 Revolverheld had been the best German band for me. Several songs from their last album did well and reached the Top 20. Among their bigger hits had been "Wir schmeißen unsere Herzen ins Feuer ("We throw our hearts into the fire") which is another love song by them. Their best selling single "Ich lass für dich das Licht an" can be found later in this review.
35 #55
#67
#25

Colbie Caillat - Hold on

Points: 1054.7
Peak: #6
Weeks: 18
Album: -

It's a while since Colbie Caillat entered with "Bubbly". It is always a pleasure to listen to "Coco". Unfortunately I don't like her other albums as much as this one. With "Hold on" she showed how good she could always be. While her singles had minor impact on me "Hold on" climbed up my chart easily. In February "Hold on" reached its peak at #6.
34no success
Emma - La mia felicità

Points: 1060.2
Peak: #5
Weeks: 18
Album: Schiena

It's almost impossible to list every hit song from Emma's last album "Schiena". Almost every song from this album climbed into my Top 20 or Top 10. And then there are the #1's, but more of them later. At #34 you can find her song "La mia felicità" (My happiness). On the halfway to #1 she stopped and so "La mia felicitià" peaked at #5 in April.
33 #78
#69
#74
#76
#70
#61

Britney Spears - Perfume

Points: 1080.3
Peak: #3
Weeks: 17
Album: Britney Jean

It had been my last years in school when Britney Spears had her first success with the unforgotten "... Baby one more time". Since these days she had changing success for me. Some of her songs are great, but others ... . This song "Perfume" started low, but it grow on me. Reaching #3 in February has been unbelievable after her major flops before. I hope that she will have some great tunes in the future too.
32 #75
Walk the Moon - Shut up and dance

Points: 1105.2
Peak: #4
Weeks: 14 (still charting)
Album: Talking is hard

I first heard of Walk the Moon back in 2012 when they released "Anna sun". A song which I didn't payed a lot attention. So when I noticed that they are coming back with the lead single for their new album I thought that I would never chart this song. It had only a snapshot. The sound and the chorus are great. With songs like that they could be big on my chart in the future.
31 #5
miss A - Hush

Points: 1105.8
Peak: #4
Weeks: 17
Album: Hush

At the end of December 2013 Korean girl band miss A debuted for the first time on my chart. Their Korean hit song "Hush" brought them a respectable debut. "Hush" had been my biggest K-Pop song of 2014. Five weeks after the debut this song reached the Top 10 and three weeks after the Top 10 debut "Hush" reached its peak at #4. I absolutely like the song and the video to this song is also great.

No comments: