Thursday 1 January 2015

Year-End Review 2014 - Spots 50 - 41

50 – 41




international

note
50no success
Madi Diaz - Stay together

Points: 951.7
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 9 (still charting)
Album: Phantom

She released three albums before she came out with her latest "Phantom". When I heard "Stay together" I was blown away right with the first listen. It's a really good song which rose fast to #1. There it stayed for three weeks in November and December. As I bought "Phantom" there is a big chance for her to have further hits on my chart.
49
no success

Nihils - Lovers on the run

Points: 957.4
Peak: #7
Weeks: 16
Album: -

Back in 2011 they had their first hit with "Set my sail". With pure indie pop they returned nearly three years later. "Lovers on the run" is their breakthrough hit on my chart while in Austria the Remix version of "Help our souls" did better.
48
no success

Chasing Grace - Run

Points: 961.4
Peak: #9
Weeks: 16
Album: -

Another band from Great Britain which had a hit on my chart. In 2014 they released three singles. "Free" and their major hit "Run" and as well another gem which I hope I can chart soon. "Run" grow very fast on me while I read "The Washington dekret" which I don't know if it is published in English. So "Run" become my "title song" for this book.
47no success
TWB feat. Anouck - Dancing in the dark

Points: 966.5
Peak: #8
Weeks: 17
Album: -

First I've to mention this song is listed under TWB feat. Anouk which is false, because not my favourite singer from the Netherlands is singing this song. It's an unknown French-British singer called Anouck. Then there had been a lot of house tracks which did well in the charts this year. I thought that this song could also do well, but in the end "Dancing in the dark" is an another overlooked song.
46 #11
#26
#18
#3
#2
#11
#27

Maroon 5 - Animals

Points: 968.3
Peak: #6
Weeks: 14 (still charting)
Album: V

Meanwhile Maroon 5 arrived in my Top 10. With "Maps" and of course "Animals" they had two songs in my Top 10. "Animals" peaked at #6 which is a career high for them on my chart. And I think that this song is propably their best song since their breakthrough "This love".
45no success
Goo Goo Dolls - When the world breaks your heart

Points: 968.7
Peak: #9
Weeks: 18
Album: Magnetic

And there is the next one by the Goo Goo Dolls. Another gem from their "Magnetic" album. "When the world breaks your heart" is one of a handful songs from this album which peaked within my Top 10. It had been a while (three months) before this song reach this part of the charts.
44
no success

Cascada - Blink

Points: 969.9
Peak: #7
Weeks: 15
Album: -

Since years Cascada is the biggest German dance act. With her cover of a mostly unknown song they showed their talent again. But maybe I'm the only one who saw the brillance in this song, because most of the fans of Cascada forgot to buy this song so that they never charted with "Blink".
43 #6
#18
#22
#6
#1
#30
#16
#2

Maroon 5 - Maps

Points: 977.5
Peak: #9
Weeks: 17
Album: V

At #46 there had been "Animals" which is for me the better song. But there lead single "Maps" lead us to #43 and peaked at #9 which had been a tied record for them with "Love somebody".
42
no success

Jillette Johnson - True north

Points: 999.9
Peak: #5
Weeks: 16
Album: Water in a whale

Once more a song by Jillette Johnson can be found on this list. This time it's her single "True north" which easily reached my Top 10. In Mid-February she reached this part for the first time and left it after five weeks. It's a very good song from her, but not her best.
41 #4
#13
#49

Guy Sebastian - Like a drum

Points: 1031.5
Peak: #5
Weeks: 20
Album: Madness

Only a few male singer mad it into my Top 100 of the year. Beside the core artists Matt Cardle and Ben Montague Australian singer Guy Sebastian placed a song into my Top 100. "Like a drum" had been released late in 2013 and it debuted low on my chart. After some weeks outside the Top 40 it grow more and more on me and finally it peaked at #5 at the end of February. Its longevity helped to get more than 1000 points.

No comments: