Wednesday 4 January 2017

Year-End Review 2016 - 70 - 61

70 – 61


international

note

70 #31
#14
#18
#8
#10
#13
#4
#5
#4
#7

Adele – Send my love (to your new lover)

Points: 890.26
Peak: #9
Weeks: 18
Album: 25

“Send my love” is the first of five Top 100 entries by Adele. Looking over my year-end chart so far “Send my love” is one of the most successful ones in an international comparison. On my chart it peaked at #9 in July. This one week in the Top 10 was the only week in this part of my chart.
69
no success

Goo Goo Dolls – Over and over

Points: 893.0
Peak: #12
Weeks: 18
Album: Boxes

This year there was hardly a song by Goo Goo Dolls on my chart. The biggest smash from their new album “Boxes” is “Over and over”. It missed the Top 10 with a peak at #12, but stayed in the Top 20 for six weeks.
68 #2
Aurea – I didn’t mean it

Points: 902.4
Peak: #14
Weeks: 18
Album: Restart

Aurea had several hits from her first two English albums. From her 3rd album “I didn’t mean it” was her only chart hit so far. It easily reached my Top 20, but failed to enter the Top 10. In general I hadn’t so much time in listening to albums in 2016, but I’ve the feeling that you’ll find more songs from “Restart” on my chart in the future.
67
no success

Tove Lo – Moments

Points: 904.6
Peak: #9
Weeks: 15
Album: Queen of the clouds

“Queen of the clouds” by Tove Lo was semi successful on my chart. Some of the songs reached my Top 10 others failed to impress me. “Moments” is a Top 10 hit on my chart. It reached my Top 10 in March 2016 and stayed there for three weeks.
66 #27
Solarkreis – Vergiss mein Nicht

Points: 909.5
Peak: #5
Weeks: 19
Album: -

And finally there is a song from my home country. Solarkreis had a minor hit with “Kumm mit kumm aussi”(“Come along come out”) back in 2015, but with “Vergiss mein Nicht” (“Forget me not”) they easily topped their success on my chart. By the end of December 2015 they reached my Top 10 where this song peaked at #5 (for a total of four weeks).
65
no success

Leslie Clio – Remedy

Points: 913.3
Peak: #4
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: Eureka

On #65 you can find the recent hit by Leslie Clio. “Remedy” is no official single, but I appreciate this song so much that it went all the way to #4. Only strong concurrence by Anouk prevented this song for reaching #1.
64 #88
Shawn Hook – Relapse

Points: 915.2
Peak: #19
Weeks: 19
Album: Analog love

For Canadian artist “Relapse” was a big surprise hit on my chart. There was nothing to indicate that a song by him would reach my Top 20. It lasted some weeks, but by the end of March “Relapse” reached this part of my chart where it peaked at #19 for three weeks.
63 #68
Joe Moore – Invincible

Points: 957.6
Peak: #10
Weeks: 18
Album: A thousand lifetimes

Male singers are rare to find on my chart, although I’ve a Top 100. It is all the more interesting that there are two back to back in this countdown. The British born singer rose fame in Australia when he participated in Australia’s Got Talent and The Voice. “Invincible” was released as a single in 2015, but I discovered it late and so it reached its peak in April 2016. This song stayed in the Top 10 for a single week.
62
no success

Carrie Underwood – Renegade runaway

Points: 957.9
Peak: #9
Weeks: 19
Album: Storyteller

With her country album “Storyteller” Carrie Underwood is setting new history marks on my chart for the country scene. “Renegade runaway” was only released as a promotional single, but in May 2016 this song peaked at #9 on my chart. This song is her 2nd highest ranking in this review.
61 #1
Sistar – I like that

Points: 959.8
Peak: #11
Weeks: 18
Album: Insane love

When I first listened to K-Pop back in 2011 Sistar was one of the first acts I started. In these days their song “So cool” only peaked at #42. Five years later they released “I like that”. A nice video to it and a catchy refrain helped to reach the Top 20 where “I like that” peaked at #11. It was a tough decision that this song didn’t made it into the Top 10, but there had been stronger K-Pop songs in 2016.

No comments: