Sunday 1 January 2017

Year-End Review 2016 - 90 - 81

90 – 81


international

note

90 #47
#47
#28
#83

Pia Mia – Touch

Points: 744.3
Peak: #17
Weeks: 21
Album: -

Pia Mia had a hit in 2015 with “Do it again”. This has been a song which I never charted. The chart debut at #93 was no sign that this R&B song could made into the year-end Top 100. It took “Touch” 13 weeks to reach my Top 20 which is very slow, but over the weeks this song grew on me and so I appreciate this notable spot.
89
no success

Tara Thompson – Someone to take your place

Points: 746.2
Peak: #18
Weeks: 15
Album: Someone to take your place EP

Tara Thompson is a newcomer in the country scene. Her debut single was officially released back in December 2015 and the video to this song in March 2016. Shortly after in April I began to chart this song with its sassy lyrics. I love this song and I hope that she will release another gem.
88
no success

Against The Current – Forget me now

Points: 752.7
Peak: #20
Weeks: 14
Album: In our bones

Since several years Against The Current has minor hits on my chart. “Forget me now” is the first notable hit for them reaching my Top 20 where they peaked in June.
87 #43
#6 (Wallonia)

Louane – Nos secrets

Points: 754.5
Peak: #12
Weeks: 14
Album: Chambre 12

Two years after her participation in the French version of The Voice she released her debut album “Chambre 12”. “Avenir” (“Future”) was a Top 10 hit in Austria back at the end of 2015. This song never made it into my Top 100. She did better with “Nos secrets” (“Our secrets”) which only had minor success in France and Belgium.
86 #11
#65
#26

Jamie-Lee Kriewitz – Ghost

Points: 755
Peak: #9
Weeks: 16
Album: Berlin

This is the next song from a candidate from The Voice. This time it is from German singer Jamie-Lee Kriewitz who won the 5th season of the show with this song. I absolutely loved this song before Germany decided to send her to the Eurovision Song Contest where this song only reached 11 points.
85
no success

St. Lucia – Dancing on glass

Points: 766.7
Peak: #17
Weeks: 17
Album: Matter

I was really late when I began to chart this catchy tune. South African artist Jean-Philip Grobler got his debut with his project St. Lucia in March. By the end of April St. Lucia reached its peak in my Top 20.
84 #43
#53
#98
#4
#6
#5
#3
#3
#32

Neiked – Sexual

Points: 770.6
Peak: #16
Weeks: 15
Album: -

When the song was first introduced it has been without a featuring. In a later phase British singer Dyo (formerly known as Ms D) was named as singer. On my chart the chart run began in September. By the start of November “Sexual” peaked in my Top 20. “Sexual” had been the first hit by Swedish producer Victor Rådström.
83
no success

The Runaway Club - Closer

Points: 770.8
Peak: #17
Weeks: 17
Album: Apollo

If you think about a 2016 song called “Closer” most of you have another song in mind. Sure I charted the Chainsmoker hit too, but in the end “Closer” by the Canadian act The Runaway Club did better. It took a while, but then this song grew strong and climbed up the chart into the Top 20 by October.
82
no success

Parachute – Without you

Points: 774.9
Peak: #17
Weeks: 16
Album: Wide awake

After years with some minor hits US band Parachute finally got their first Top 20 hit on my chart. “Without you” was the first single of the bands 4th album “Wide awake”. This song performed very strong in Mai and June and it is nice to find this song at #82 of my year-end review.
81 #7
#196
/ /
Blackpink – Boombayah

Points: 778.7
Peak: #19
Weeks: 17
Album: Square One

In August a new Girl band from South Korea gave their debut. Blackpink released two singles at the same time. While “Whistle” was only a minor hit for me, “Boombayah” reached my Top 20 in October. “Boombayah” is a catchy and danceable K-Pop song and it is the first from this genre you can find in the Top 100.

No comments: