Monday 2 January 2017

Year-End Review 2016 - 80 - 71

80 – 71


international

note

80
no success

Sindy – Je m’en fous

Points: 799.7
Peak: #2
Weeks: 20
Album: Selfie

“Je m’en fous” (“I don’t care”) was caught between the years. Back in 2015 Sindy collected 636.9 points and so she was placed at #136. At the end of December 2015 she peaked at #2 where “Je m’en fous” stayed for two weeks until January 2016. This song is nice and very catchy, but failed to get into the spotlight.
79
no success

Luxuslärm – Solange Liebe in mir wohnt

Points: 801.4
Peak: #18
Weeks: 18
Album: Fallen und fliegen

On my chart it had been the year for Luxuslärm. With “Solange Liebe in mir wohnt” (“As long love dwells in me“) they reached #18 in April. In the same week her other song in the countdown went all the way to #1. Unfortunately they haven’t been as successful as on my chart and so Luxuslärm explained to disband the band at the end of 2016. They played their last concert on 30th December 2016.
78
no success

Kelly Clarkson – Nostalgic

Points: 818.7
Peak: #1
Weeks: 10 (still charting)
Album: Piece by piece

The last edition for this year’s year-end countdown helped Kelly Clarkson to reach the Top 100 with “Nostalgic”. This song sprinted all the way up into the Top 80 of this review. I love this song and it is one of my favourite from this album.
77
no success

Emma – Quando le canzoni finiranno

Points: 819.3
Peak: #18
Weeks: 17
Album: Adesso

“Quando le canzoni finiranno” (“When the songs will end”) is the 4th highest ranked song by Emma. Although her album “Adesso” (“Now”) is weaker than her older ones it is still producing hits for me. This song reached its peak in August.
76
no success

Maia – Tordenkys

Points: 819.8
Peak: #7
Weeks: 12 (still charting)
Album: -

For the first time a song in Danish reached my year-end Top 100. Young Danish singer Maia released in October her debut single “Tordenkys” (“Thunder kiss”). It is a dance song with a very catchy refrain, although I don’t understand a single word. By mid November 2016 “Tordenkys” reached its peak in my Top 10.
75
no success

Max + Johann feat. Vincent Malin – Wenn du schläfst

Points: 821.4
Peak: #11
Weeks: 15
Album: -

A fantastic German song made it to #75. German producers Max + Johann teamed up with singer Vincent Malin. Together they released a very strong song which I regret never reached my Top 10. “Wenn du schläfst” (“When you sleep”) climbed very fast into my Top 20 and peaked for two weeks at #11 in February.
74
no success

Melanie C – Anymore

Points: 824.3
Peak: #9
Weeks: 13 (still charting)
Album: Version of me

More than three years waiting ended with a new release by Melanie C. The first single from her new album “Version of me” was “Anymore”. November 2016 marked her return into my Top 10 with this song. It is a nice song which deserves more attention.
73
no success

Emma – Il paradiso non esiste

Points: 836.4
Peak: #10
Weeks: 16
Album: Adesso

This is the 2nd Top 100 entry by Italian singer Emma. “Il paradiso non esiste” (“The paradise doesn’t exist”) peaked in July for one week in my Top 10. It is a typical song for her, but in my eyes she has stronger songs.
72
no success

Elle King – America’s sweetheart

Points: 876.2
Peak: #11
Weeks: 16
Album: Love stuff

In 2016 her song “Ex’s & Oh’s” was played on the Austrian radio stations to every time. There was no escape, but I never charted this song. I preferred some of her songs which never got a lot of attention. “America’s sweetheart”, a more country orientated pop song, is her first year-end Top 100 entry since “Playing for keeps” back in 2012.
71
no success

Clare Bowen – Black roses

Points: 888.6
Peak: #9
Weeks: 16
Album: Soundtrack: The music of Nashville Season 2 Volume 2

Following my chart you’ll have noticed that I watch the TV series “Nashville”. Out of this TV series several songs made into my chart. One of the most successful songs from this show is from Aussie singer/actress Clare Bowen. The emotional song “Black roses” is her one and only Top 10 hit at the moment.

No comments: