Sunday 7 January 2018

Year-End Review 2017 - 20 - 11

20 – 11



international
note
20
no success

Kate Voegele – Don’t count me out
Points: 1764.3
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 24 (still charting)
Album: Canyonlands

And here it is. The last song by Kate Voegele is “Don’t count me out”. It had been my #1 in August for two weeks and outperformed every other song I charted from her this year. Unfortunately she didn’t reach my Top 10 this year.
19
no success

Tagtraeumer – Straßenlaternen

Points: 1769.4
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 23 (still charting)
Album: Unendlich eins

And here is the next “last” song by a core artist. This time from Austrian band Tagtraeumer. Immediately after they released “Straßenlaternen” (“Street lights”) as a single I started charting this song. It eventually peaked at #1 for one week in September.
18
no success

Aurea – Killer

Points: 1805.8
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 25
Album: Restart

A strong return to my chart ended for Portuguese singer Aurea at the #1 with her song “Killer”. “Killer” has never been released as a regular single or promotional track, but for me this is her strongest song on “Restart”.
17 #83
#60
#30
#87
#69
#94
#145

Adele – Remedy

Points: 1813.0
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 26
Album: 25

The biggest hit by Adele can be found at #17. It is her #1 smash hit “Remedy” from “25”. This song started its chart run back in December 2016 and reached the top spot in February where it peaked for two weeks.
16
no success

Shannon LaBrie – Alcohol

Points: 1823.4
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 26
Album: War & piece

Shannon LaBrie has only one charting hit so far. I first noticed this song via the Rolling Stones information about possible future country stars. With the first listen I absolutely fell in love with this song. It took her seven weeks to top my chart in January. For me this has been the biggest country hit of 2017 and once more I can’t believe that such a pearl is overlooked.
15
no success


Cold War Kids – Can we hang on?

Points: 1831.0
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 24
Album: LA Devine

“Love is mystical” has been a good start in the year for Cold War Kids. They reached #2 on my chart and with the next single “Can we hang on?” they eventually reached #1 for a single week in July. It had been the bands first #1 on my chart from the 2nd album I’m fully charting. Although this song would have deserved a better spot in this review there is one other song by them which eclipsed “Can we hang on?”.
14
no success

Anouk – We are

Points: 1832.4
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 28
Album: Queen for a day

“We are” is the first of five songs by Anouk in my Top 15. This song had been part of the chart topping Anouk songs in the first half of 2017 and eventually peaked at #1 in April for one week. As there are only three spots before the Top 10 starts it is clear that at least one of these songs has reached my year-end Top 10 and so maybe Anouk has the chance to reach my year-end #1 for the first time.
13
no success


Anouk – Castles in the air

Points: 1850.6
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 28
Album: Queen for a day

I didn’t last long before the next song by Anouk can be found in this countdown. As every third song within the Top 15 is by her it can’t really be a surprise that with “Castles in the air” the next one is in at #13. It topped my chart in the last week of March and was followed by “We are”. This song stayed one week longer in my Top 5 and the Top 10 than “We are” so that it had a little bit more points in the end than “We are”.
12
no success


Leslie Clio – And I’m leaving

Points: 1858.6
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 22
Album: Purple

Leslie Clio reached back to back the year-end #1 in 2015 and 2016. This year her only chance had been a single out of “Purple”. “And I’m leaving” did very well on my chart and eventually reached #1 in June, but it stayed only for one week. The song stayed in the Top 10 for 14 weeks, but it failed in the long run to reach my year-end Top 10 so that Leslie Clio is out for the race for my #1 of the year 2017.
11
no success

GJan – Wasn’t easy

Points: 1959.7
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 25
Album: -

Lithuanian singer GJan had several minor hits on my chart before I began charting “Wasn’t easy”. It debuted just outside my Top 10 in April and peaked at the end of the month at #1 where it stayed for two weeks. This breakup song lifted her in new spheres, but her follow up “Together” didn’t confirm this trend with a low peak and a short chart run.

No comments: