Sunday 7 January 2018

Year-End Review 2017 - 30 - 21

30 – 21



international
note
30
no success


Leslie Clio – Darkness is a filler

Points: 1354.6
Peak: #4
Weeks: 22
Album: Purple

The first of two appearances in my year-end Top 100 for Leslie Clio is at #30 with “Darkness is a filler”. Oh I really love her album “Eureka”, but “Purple” doesn’t meet those expectations. It is a good song, but the sound is darker than in her usual songs. Nevertheless “Darkness is a filler” climbed all the way up to #4 where it peaked in April.
29 #47
#74
#88
#81
#49

Kelly Clarkson – Love so soft

Points: 1354.8
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 15 (still charting)
Album: Meaning of life

I hardly can’t believe that an official Kelly Clarkson single has never charted in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. This happens to “Love so soft” the first official single from her latest album “Meaning of life”. Is this the end for her carrier in Europe? I don’t hope. For me it has been a #1 in October for two weeks. Generally her new album is good!
28
no success

Luke Sital-Singh – Greatest lovers

Points: 1417.3
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 21
Album: The fire inside

Two times British singer-songwriter Luke Sital-Singh scored a #1 song on my chart in 2017. The first time he reached #1 with “Greatest lovers” back in July. Behind Anouk he had been the most played artists of the year. This is very nice for an absolute newcomer to my chart.
27
no success


Kate Voegele – Catch me on fire

Points: 1429.8
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 15 (still charting)
Album: Canyonlands

The 2nd best song by Kate Voegele this year is in my eyes “Catch me on fire”. Sure “Shoot this arrow” doesn’t really count, because I’ve not charted this song long enough. “Catch me on fire” reached the summit in November and stayed for only one week.
26
no success

Luke Sital-Singh – 21st century heartbeat

Points: 1459.4
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 16 (still charting)
Album: The fire inside

Here is the 2nd and long awaited “21st century heartbeat” by Luke Sital-Singh. It isn’t the typical #1 I’ve normally, but for me this is beside “Greatest lovers” the best song on this 2014 album “The fire inside”. “21st century heartbeat” is a deep and meaningful song about the 21st century.
25
no success


Cold War Kids – Love is mystical

Points: 1494.3
Peak: #2
Weeks: 24
Album: LA Devine

Since 2006 they are realising their materials, but beside the US rock & alternative charts and in Canada they aren’t charting regularly. “Love is mystical” had been the first song by them on my chart scratching at the summit when it peaked at #2 in April. This song helped them finally establish themselves with MisterWives and of course Austrian Tagtraeumer as one of my favourite bands.
24
no success

Tagtraeumer – Himmelblaue Couch

Points: 1584.0
Peak: #3
Weeks: 21 (still charting)
Album: Unendlich eins

“Himmelblaue Couch” (“Sky blue couch”) has been released as promotional single from their album “Unendlich eins” (“Infinitely one”). This song has very strong lyrics. Although I love this song I never considered to push this song to #1. So “Himmelblaue Couch” peaked at #3 in September, but it is the 2nd highest ranked song by them in this countdown.
23
no success

Coin – Talk too much

Points: 1641.0
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 29
Album: How will you know if you never try

From now on only #1 songs are reviewed. And here is the next song from a band. This time it is US alternative act Coin with their 2016/17 smash “Talk too much. The song had been released in May 2016, but I charted this song for the first time in November. “Talk too much” eventually reached the top spot in January for two weeks.
22
no success

Norma Jean Martine – Still in love with you

Points: 1685.1
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 24
Album: Only in my mind

My first touch with the music by Norma Jean Martine had been when I saw her video to “Still in love with you” in March. Then I started to chart her older singles before this song got its debut in July. In September it conquered the throne and stayed for a single week. I love the retro vibe of the song and the album and so there is a big chance to see her in future countdowns too.
21 #3
#2
#6
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1

Taylor Swift – Look what you made me do

Points: 1699.1
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 17 (still charting)
Album: Reputation

For the last time in the year-end of 2017 review you can find a song by Taylor Swift. The first single from “Reputation” had one of the rare Top 10 debuts in 2017. “Look what you made me do” started its chart run at #5 and topped my chart two weeks later. For me it is a good song, but I absolutely understand why someone else doesn’t like it.

No comments: