Sunday 7 January 2018

Year-End Review 2017 - 40 - 31

40 – 31




international

note
40 #85
#52
#7
#4
#16
#34
#39
#11
#58

Lady Gaga – Million reasons

Points: 1151.2
Peak: #3
Weeks: 19
Album: Joanne

“Million reasons” has been the first Top 10 hit for Lady Gaga in a while. Internationally “Million reasons” had mixed results. On my chart it went all the way into my Top 3 which had been the first time for Lady Gaga. I’ve never thought that I will like a song by her enough that she’ll reach my Top 3, but later that year she did much better.
39 #3
#3
#1
#13
#6
#1
#9
#3
#1
#5

Pink – What about usPoints: 1155.0
Peak: #5
Weeks: 18
Album: Beautiful trauma

After the project You+Me Pink returned this year solo with her new album “Beautiful trauma”. The first single had been “What about us” which debuted just outside my Top 40. For me this isn’t her best song, but it climbed my chart up until it peaked at #5.
38
no success

Kate Voegele – Sun will rise

Points: 1158.7
Peak: #3
Weeks: 15 (still charting)
Album: Canyonlands

At the moment Kate Voegele is climbing up with the non album single “Shoot this arrow”. At #36 you can find the album track “Sun will rise”. Over the years Kate Voegele has grown to more than a regular guest in my Top 10. “Sun will rise” proved her success with another Top 3 hit which is her 4th highest ranked in this review.
37
no success

Kelly Clarkson – Nostalgic

Points: 1161.4
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 27
Album: Piece by piece

Late in 2016 “Nostalgic” reached the #1 on my chart, so that it peaked at #78 in my year-end of 2016. It did also well in 2017 and due to its split record (it could have been a potential year-end Top 10 hit) it is in this countdown again. Much better than the year before, because it charted 17 of its 27 weeks in 2017.
36 #65
#51
#48
#64
#39
#44
#38
#29
#33
/

Lana Del Rey feat. The Weeknd – Lust for life

Points: 1175.3
Peak: #6
Weeks: 19
Album: Lust for life

Long gone are the days when Lana Del Rey chanted hymns as “Born to die” or “Summertime sadness”. With the actual album she is praising life and the title track “Lust for life” is the expression of leaving the depressive path. For this track she teamed up with Canadian singer The Weeknd who isn’t as well represented as Lana Del Rey on my chart.
35
no success


Little Hours – Water

Points: 1205.2
Peak: #6
Weeks: 19
Album: Too much patience EP

I don’t know why Ireland is producing always such good songs. Here is another gem from this little European island. Little Hours aren’t well known and “Water” is the bands first Top 10 hit with the first charting song on my chart.
34
no success

Kate Voegele – World stops spinning

Points: 1210.7
Peak: #4
Weeks: 20
Album: Canyonlands

The 3rd highest ranked Kate Voegele song in this countdown is “World stops spinning”. It just missed my Top 30, but reaching my Top 4 is rather good. For her this song is continuing the success she has on my chart, but two songs which reached #1 are yet to come.
33
no success

Aurea – Blind woman

Points: 1233.0
Peak: #6
Weeks: 21
Album: Restart

Since 2011 Portuguese singer Aurea had alternating success on my chart. It all started with her #1 hit “OK, alright” and ended with her 2nd #1 this year which received a better peak than “Blind woman” which had been in the shadow of it. “Blind woman” is a very strong song by her and peaked in my Top 10 in September.
32
no success

JakeTheBusch– Blinder Passagier

Points: 1262.8
Peak: #4
Weeks: 19
Album: -

With the first single I noticed by Austrian street musician JakeTheBusch he reached a more than notable spot within my chart. “Blinder Passagier” (“Blind passenger”) climbed up all the way into my Top 5 where it peaked at #4. At the moment he is a part of the successful Austrian singers on my chart and I hope that he will return strong in the future.
31
no success

MisterWives – Machine

Points: 1291.0
Peak: #3
Weeks: 21
Album: Connect the dots

At #31 you can find the highest ranked song by US indie band MisterWives. The first single from “Connect the dots” debuted at #34 in February and eventually peaked at #3 in April. It is definitely one of the best songs by them and maybe the non album single “Never give up on me” could top this.

No comments: